Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one in Seattle waiting for their MY?

Ordered 8/6
8/11 3-6 week text
8/25 2-4 week text
9/8 SA shared soft match 9/23 although possibility of October delivery

Although I’m excited, typically I wouldn’t be so particular about the timeline, however I’m selling my current car that I use for work and have a buyer who is purchasing 9/12 as they are leaving for a long road trip.

Ordered a Blue with white interior LR AWD on 9/4 and my sales guy in the Portland store said that should still result in a late September delivery... it was also just a couple days before the web site dates slid back to 8+ weeks.... when I clicked order they still said 2 to 4 which sure enough would put it at end of Sept....

• Informative
Reactions: Janene
Ditto.

Ordered 8/20
Completed profile 8/21
Email from SA about delivery process on 8/29
LR AWD/19"/white/white/FSD

Definitely anxious to get the car. Also afraid to contact SA as we don't want them to accelerate things by matching us with a reject.

The one thing we haven't done is uploaded proof of insurance as we don't own a car now and we're not keen on paying for a policy when we don't have a car. So hopefully that doesn't impact delivery priority.

As others have mentioned on this forum, the west coast gets most of the end of quarter deliveries last. Same thing happened when we ordered our Model 3 at the end of last year, ended up getting it just before end of the quarter. We likely won’t be as last minute as those in CA, but not much better.

• Informative
Reactions: Tundrok and Janene
Ditto.

Ordered 8/20
Completed profile 8/21

Definitely anxious to get the car. Also afraid to contact SA as we don't want them to accelerate things by matching us with a reject.

The one thing we haven't done is uploaded proof of insurance as we don't own a car now and we're not keen on paying for a policy when we don't have a car. So hopefully that doesn't impact delivery priority.

You do need insurance to take delivery, so be ready to get it as soon as you get a VIN. I've been told Tesla now only has a 3 day window they can delay delivery before they have to release the car and dump you back into the queue. So do you're shopping now, especially if you like talking to an agent and they might be busy or out of the office one day or something.

As others have mentioned on this forum, the west coast gets most of the end of quarter deliveries last. Same thing happened when we ordered our Model 3 at the end of last year, ended up getting it just before end of the quarter. We likely won’t be as last minute as those in CA, but not much better.
Such great insight!! This is my first Tesla so this process challenges my type A planner personality.

Ditto.

Ordered 8/20
Completed profile 8/21

Definitely talk to Essurance—their rates are exceptional, they don’t send you obnoxious amounts of paper every 6 months as everything is done on their app and their coverage is legit.

Reactions: Tundrok
Ordered 8/30
Completed profile 8/31
Email from SA about delivery process on 8/31
LR AWD/19"/MSM/white

I haven’t heard anything since 8/31 and no VIN or changes on the reservation page since 9/1. SA told me at time of order I should expect delivery by end of September. That said, given that many people still have yet to get delivery for orders going back to July, I’m not expecting the estimate to hold true. I’d imagine I don’t get a delivery until December

Since there isn’t an Oregon waiting room...

Ordered 8/1
Completed 8/6
MSM/Black Int LR
No extras

My last update text was 2 weeks ago. No VIN no nothing since. Have a road trip planned for 9/26, really hope to have it by then.

Ordered 7/18.

In Spokane so will have carrier delivered (was going to pick it up when Aug delivery anticipated but now work schedule won’t allow (especially as they only give a 3 day window).

Blue 19” black interior no FSD with tow. Told by SA when ordered that despite site saying 4-8 weeks reality was more like 3-6.

8/6 text saying an additional 3-6 weeks
8/19 text saying now 2-5 weeks (somehow I lost a week)
9/2 - text saying 2-4 weeks (lost another week)

Financing expires in 1 week.

Now just hopeful sometime this month.

Have considered canceling several times due to poor customer service but I’ve wanted a Tesla for years (plus I have bought lots of stuff and had the wall charger installed already).

Worst consumer experience in my life!

Ordered 7/18.

In Spokane so will have carrier delivered (was going to pick it up when Aug delivery anticipated but now work schedule won’t allow (especially as they only give a 3 day window).

Blue 19” black interior no FSD with tow. Told by SA when ordered that despite site saying 4-8 weeks reality was more like 3-6.

Have considered canceling several times due to poor customer service but I’ve wanted a Tesla for years (plus I have bought lots of stuff and had the wall charger installed already).

Yeah, the thing that just irritates me so much about taking the plunge on getting a Tesla is that the company truly doesn’t care about improving the customer experience during the order process.

Ordered 7/18.

I feel your pain! My original order was early March, refused 1st VIN at the end of June. Been without a car since then because I sold it the day before as I assumed I’d be driving away with a new one. I never would have thought a brand new MY would have more (5x more) flaws then my 4yr old suv!

Placed 2nd order 7/12 and received similar delivery texts as OP:
8/11 - 3-6 weeks
8/25 - 2-4 weeks

I was expecting some sort of update today but nothing of course. Seriously why does it need to be such a mystery regarding delivery?!!

I’ve also ordered a bunch of accessories and installed a wall charger in March. I never thought purchasing a vehicle would cause such anxiety.. all I know is that I’m done with Tesla if my 2nd VIN is anywhere near the condition of the 1st VIN.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure we’ll all receive deliveries at the end of the month. Good luck!

I finally got a response from my SA but it was rather pointless since all he said was “yours is still likely to arrive by end of month. Still stuck in the waiting game at this point”

This whole process is just pathetic. I’m not personally impatient or feel like my order is taking too long, but it’s pretty BS that over the course of 2 weeks he oversold me on extremely fast turnaround for early September, then a claim it absolutely will be in the last 2 weeks of September, and now just “likely”. I have seen the horror stories of backend things holding back progress like incomplete documents or some issue in ordering system. I had asked specifically if he could confirm I’m all good to go and if there is any VIN assigned yet. I don’t have much confidence in my SA given that he has pushed some random Tesla aftermarket community site on me a couple times that barely has any activity on it and that when I asked about ordering the wood dash panel he told me that was absolutely impossible

Reactions: stlclint
Since there isn’t an Oregon waiting room...

Ordered 8/1
Completed 8/6
MSM/Black Int LR
No extras

My last update text was 2 weeks ago. No VIN no nothing since. Have a road trip planned for 9/26, really hope to have it by then.
Got a "2-3 week" text today. 3 weeks from today is the last day of the quarter...

Today my SA basically said "anytime now."

We emailed our SA today and they replied saying that we have a "very high chance" of taking delivery "before the end of September". So similar story as above I guess.

They also confirmed that uploading insurance proof does not impact VIN assignment.

Daughter ordered on 7/25-in Lynnwood- hasn't gotten a vin yet, nor a MVPA- did get the stupid texts though- I thought for sure she'd get her car a few weeks ago- I sure hope she gets it by the end of the month- she already sold her old car and is driving one of my cars for now.