Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely. Makes sense to me! Ha
@eksigned Guess I’ll see if becomes a decision for me to make, or not. Right now, I sit with no VIN and the same generic EDD range that most have, the EOQ push range. More likely than not, the decision will be made for me as I figure I’ll be pushed to sometime after 9/30. I’m totally good with that!

Reactions: GoRun26
@eksigned Guess I’ll see if becomes a decision for me to make, or not. Right now, I sit with no VIN and the same generic EDD range that most have, the EOQ push range. More likely than not, the decision will be made for me as I figure I’ll be pushed to sometime after 9/30. I’m totally good with that!
A couple more weeks certainly won't hurt things. You've already waited this long. Haha
Really glad I stumbled upon this thread though. New to the EV scene, and had I seen your comment after the fact...it would've driven me up the wall. I've already decided to push mine back. I have problems, and I'm okay with that. lol

Hope our current VIN goes to someone more anxious to get their MYP than us! :)

A couple more weeks certainly won't hurt things. You've already waited this long. Haha
Really glad I stumbled upon this thread though. New to the EV scene, and had I seen your comment after the fact...it would've driven me up the wall. I've already decided to push mine back. I have problems, and I'm okay with that. lol

Hope our current VIN goes to someone more anxious to get their MYP than us! :)
@eksigned For the benefit of those here, what did you order and pass on; MYP or LR? Colors, tow, Delivery Center (Renton, Bellevue, etc.)

MYLR, MSM
OD: 6/18 in WA
EDD Pre-VIN: 9/11-9/28
VIN: 9/13 (266,XXX), 87 days since OD
Current EDD: 9/16-9/19

I'm heading cross-country in a couple of days and will be gone until 9/27. Do not want them to deliver while I'm not here.

I'm not really sure what to do now? Do I contact SA and request delay in delivery, I suspect this is not even possible? Will a rejection of VIN automatically put my order on hold? Will my new EDD be 02/2022 since I'll be moved to the back of the line?

This is the worst timing for me, as I expected.

MYLR, MSM
OD: 6/18 in WA
EDD Pre-VIN: 9/11-9/28
VIN: 9/13 (266,XXX), 87 days since OD
Current EDD: 9/16-9/19

I'm heading cross-country in a couple of days and will be gone until 9/27. Do not want them to deliver while I'm not here.

I'm not really sure what to do now? Do I contact SA and request delay in delivery, I suspect this is not even possible? Will a rejection of VIN automatically put my order on hold? Will my new EDD be 02/2022 since I'll be moved to the back of the line?

This is the worst timing for me, as I expected.
If you pay for it up front, they would probably hold it for you. Risky, but an option.

If you pay for it up front, they would probably hold it for you. Risky, but an option.
Yea, I don't really want to deal with all the possible nightmare scenarios that could leave me open to. Unfortunately, I also don't have anyone who could take delivery for us. Nor could we have it delivered to our house - we have gated garage so they would have to leave it on the street, which would get towed. Also, we wouldn't be able to inspect it.

I knew this would happen

Yea, I don't really want to deal with all the possible nightmare scenarios that could leave me open to. Unfortunately, I also don't have anyone who could take delivery for us. Nor could we have it delivered to our house - we have gated garage so they would have to leave it on the street, which would get towed. Also, we wouldn't be able to inspect it.

I knew this would happen
@PNWLeccy Another option…. It takes 2-3 days from VIN assignment for the car to show up at the SC. I stalked the SC on days 2 and 3 and caught my Plaid coming off the truck in Renton; and as such, took it off their hands that very day. So, show up at the SC after lunch on the 15th! If you wait for them to contact you, delivery will be five or more days later. I say this from experience with two Tesla’s now. Plan to do the same with this MYP.

@PNWLeccy Another option…. It takes 2-3 days from VIN assignment for the car to show up at the SC. I stalked the SC on days 2 and 3 and caught my Plaid coming off the truck in Renton; and as such, took it off their hands that very day. So, show up at the SC after lunch on the 15th! If you wait for them to contact you, delivery will be five or more days later. I say this from experience with two Tesla’s now. Plan to do the same with this MYP.
This is interesting but I am preparing for my wedding across country and can't really do this. I was hoping that even if it was EoQ push it would be after that and I'd have MUCH more bandwidth to handle this.

This is interesting but I am preparing for my wedding across country and can't really do this. I was hoping that even if it was EoQ push it would be after that and I'd have MUCH more bandwidth to handle this.
They may hold it up to the 29-30, as long as it gets moved by EOQ. Just talk to someone at the SC where you’ll take delivery. Good luck.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Does anyone know what numbers are being used for Sales Tax and RTA calculations?

I'm sensitive to this as my 2018 Model 3 had it's MSRP incorrectly reported to DoL resulting in a MUCH higher RTA fee that I've spent the last 2 years unsuccessfully trying to correct. To clarify, I'm not trying to get out of paying RTA tax, just want to ensure it's correct.

Is "Subtotal of Taxable Items" the amount they are using for calcs? My understanding was that MSRP was price of car without included options, so according to the breakdown below, I thought it would be $52,490.

1631571609480.png

Sales Tax:
$52,490 (MSRP) x 1.104 (10.4% Bellevue Car Sales Tax) = Expected: $5,458.96 vs MVPA: $5780.35
RTA Fee:
$52,490 (MSRP) x .011 (1.1% RTA tax) = Expected: $577.39 vs MVPA: $594

1631571464618.png

Does anyone know what numbers are being used for Sales Tax and RTA calculations?

I'm sensitive to this as my 2018 Model 3 had it's MSRP incorrectly reported to DoL resulting in a MUCH higher RTA fee that I've spent the last 2 years unsuccessfully trying to correct. To clarify, I'm not trying to get out of paying RTA tax, just want to ensure it's correct.

Is "Subtotal of Taxable Items" the amount they are using for calcs? My understanding was that MSRP was price of car without included options, so according to the breakdown below, I thought it would be $52,490.

View attachment 708974
Sales Tax:
$52,490 (MSRP) x 1.104 (10.4% Bellevue Car Sales Tax) = Expected: $5,458.96 vs MVPA: $5780.35
RTA Fee:
$52,490 (MSRP) x .011 (1.1% RTA tax) = Expected: $577.39 vs MVPA: $594

View attachment 708973
Section #2 explains that.

Section #2 explains that.
Could you explain what you mean by Section #2. The numbers still don't add up.

If I was to use $54,790 per Section #2, which doesn't line up with definition of MSRP per DoL, the calcs would be:

Sales Tax:
$54,790 (MSRP) x 0.104 (10.4% Bellevue Car Sales Tax) = Expected: $5,698.16 vs MVPA: $5780.35
RTA Fee:
$54,790 (MSRP) x .011 (1.1% RTA tax) = Expected: $577.39 vs MVPA: $594

Could you explain what you mean by Section #2. The numbers still don't add up.

If I was to use $54,790 per Section #2, which doesn't line up with definition of MSRP per DoL, the calcs would be:

Sales Tax:
$54,790 (MSRP) x 0.104 (10.4% Bellevue Car Sales Tax) = Expected: $5,698.16 vs MVPA: $5780.35
RTA Fee:
$54,790 (MSRP) x .011 (1.1% RTA tax) = Expected: $577.39 vs MVPA: $594
Not sure what to say about the sales tax, but the RTA is based on MSRP. Current MSRP is $53,990 x .011 = $594.

Not sure what to say about the sales tax, but the RTA is based on MSRP. Current MSRP is $53,990 x .011 = $594.
Ah so it's the current MSRP vs what you paid? I was told previously that DoL had a MSRP for a certain vehicle that they used.

According to the DoL RTA tax estimator the 2021 MYLR is in their database as $49,990 which is what the price was in January, I believe. I thought they used this price rather than current.

1631578418802.png

MY Trim options for reference:
1631578464853.png

Reference: https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/extdriveses/NoLogon/_/#28 > Select 'Estimate regional transit tax'

Ah so it's the current MSRP vs what you paid? I was told previously that DoL had a MSRP for a certain vehicle that they used.

According to the DoL RTA tax estimator the 2021 MYLR is in their database as $49,990 which is what the price was in January, I believe. I thought they used this price rather than current.

View attachment 708999

MY Trim options for reference:
View attachment 709001

Reference: https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/extdriveses/NoLogon/_/#28 > Select 'Estimate regional transit tax'
Hmm..that's interesting. The DOL website here just says that it's based on the "original MSRP." https://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/rta.html. Based on the amount they're assessing, they must have calculated it off of the current MSRP of $53,990. So either their estimator is not up to date, or it's correct, and the MVPA is wrong? I would be inclined to think their estimator is just outdated, but I honestly don't know.