Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly I’m not waiting on a model y (M3P). However, decided to check in on what other people in the area are experiencing.

The idea that Tesla will push out WA deliveries an entire quarter is concerning to say the least. Pretty absurd that they seem to not care about where you technically are in the line.
Where did you hear that they pushed out WA deliveries by an quarter? Would sort of make sense since my OD of 9/25 for MYP has been pushed back consistently.

Where did you hear that they pushed out WA deliveries by an quarter? Would sort of make sense since my OD of 9/25 for MYP has been pushed back consistently.
Just reading around that Tesla has a tendency to push WA deliveries to the back end of the quarter so if you don't get it EOY you would get it end of next quarter.

Not sure how valid it is or if it applies across the board but have seen it on multiple forums and threads so there's probably some truth to it.

My order is currently on hold until 1/1 (like a million other people). Previously, I was matched to a new VIN when coming off hold within days but I expected it to be a bit delayed this time due to so many people waiting for EV tax credits. I wonder what's going on since they were forcing people to cancel their holds and now it looks like everyone is having their EDDs pushed back by 1+ months.

I think it's probably more likely a supply shortage issue rather than a retooling for MY upgrades. I care about a possible $8k credit way more than any of the upcoming upgrades (AMD Ryzen, rear double-pane glass, 4680, front/rear castings) so I will take delivery as early as I can in 2022, whenever that ends up being.

Reactions: mdchen3
Anyone else hoping to push their order to Feb/March in an attempt to get those sweet sweet tax credits Inslee proposed? I believe it was $7000 for a MY, with an additional $5000 if your income is $61k or less.
Woah, haven't heard anything about this. I've always thought it was strange that we have such a weak EV incentive/high EV taxes in WA when the environment was basically Inslee's platform when he ran for president.