Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
welp, calling Tesla yielded no update.

The rep I spoke to was not able to tell me if/why my particular configuration for MYLR was taking longer than others to get matched, and he also strongly discouraged trying to compare and/or understand the logic behind why. His words: "we're not making a pair of sneakers, you're seeing first hand just how complicated the supply chain issues really are,"

Further, the rep seemed to speak down to me, saying: "we tried to match you once and you didn't accept" 🤦 "if you would have accepted you'd be in your car right now,"

So disrespectful in my opinion.

I told my SA in SoDo that I'm stopping in to escalate this; either get matched to a car and/or cancel my order. This is utterly ridiculous.
Trying to not be a troll here but you placed the order on hold last month, released it ~24 days ago, and you're upset that your new EDD is Jan 2 - 30?

What bugs me about Tesla is that their EDDs are all over the place. And you can't count on them. They will be like EDD Dec ish, so you plan a trip to see family in Nov and then they are like oh by the way your car is ready during the time you will be on your trip in Nov. They should be able to work with that. Not very good customer experience if you ask me.

Reactions: nguyem86
and EDD narrowed to 12/20-12/26. what a rollercoaster.

I was refreshing the web app, and the VIN was assigned. no email or text notification, so smash that Ctrl+R/F5 button.

Car is a 2022. no delivery date scheduled yet, but based on past experience I am guessing I will get prompted to select the delivery appointment either later today or tomorrow.

@Tooleman694 don't lose hope! our cars might be on the same truck 🤞

and EDD narrowed to 12/20-12/26. what a rollercoaster.

I was refreshing the web app, and the VIN was assigned. no email or text notification, so smash that Ctrl+R/F5 button.

Car is a 2022. no delivery date scheduled yet, but based on past experience I am guessing I will get prompted to select the delivery appointment either later today or tomorrow.

@Tooleman694 don't lose hope! our cars might be on the same truck 🤞

Congrats!!!!! Can you please let us know what window they give you for scheduling the delivery?

I ordered in late October/early November (can't remember which). MSM/white interior/no tow or FSD MYP. My EDD has been Jan3-Jan31 for weeks now. All of a sudden today I got a text to schedule delivery. I didn't have a VIN assigned as of yesterday, so this happened suspiciously quickly. VIN is a 3262XX. Scheduled for delivery Monday at 3pm in Renton. Trading in a 2020 MYLR, paying cash for the difference.

Emailed my SA to see if they can tell if this was someone else's reject. Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but don't want someone's leftovers either :p

This is Tesla #4 for me