Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery this year for people that don’t have a VIN yet seems crazy to me. You’re really looking at like a 60 hour window from tomorrow morning to get the car.

It takes an entire day to just bring it here. What about quality checks and all that? I’ve also been told by Tesla that VINs are usually assigned before production is even done.

So either they’re just assigning VINs late for some reason or they’re shooting cars out and hoping for the best. Either way, I’d feel slightly uneasy if I get a VIN with EOY delivery.

Tesla literally tells you to do those things when a VIN is assigned.

I was told to set up financing and send the check to Fremont. I did that. Insurance was set up to provide proof, I also did that. Don’t blame the victim.
Weird, most people that post here when not financing with Tesla pay when they pickup the car. Yours is the first I've seen sending payment in advance.

In WA State, you don't need insurance on the Tesla, you need to provide proof of insurance, which is not the same thing as insuring a car you don't yet own.

What happens if you refuse the VIN because it's not acceptable? Does Tesla not cash the check?

All the latest MYP builds have been coming with A/S. Saw an unfortunate MYP on a tow truck this afternoon covered in snow, no surprise it had summer tires on them.
You dont say....

Got my text and email to setup delivery for Thursday or Friday. I’m waiting on a response from Tesla to switch my payment from cash to financing and asking to see if I could pickup this weekend bc it is easier for my work schedule to do not on Friday. We shall see what they say

Got my text and email to setup delivery for Thursday or Friday. I’m waiting on a response from Tesla to switch my payment from cash to financing and asking to see if I could pickup this weekend bc it is easier for my work schedule to do not on Friday. We shall see what they say
Nice! Good luck, that's effectively my strategy - finance with Tesla for pickup, refi with DCU for a crazy low APR (which won't last assuming the fed hikes 3x like they telegraphed at last meeting).

Nice! Good luck, that's effectively my strategy - finance with Tesla for pickup, refi with DCU for a crazy low APR (which won't last assuming the fed hikes 3x like they telegraphed at last meeting).
Yeah USAA is offering 1.89% for up to 63 months so I’m ok with that rate for the ease of setup. The DCU seems like a hassle to set up accounts with but I may be wrong

Reactions: Corndart
I just went into the app and it says I cant attach insurance till after I have a VIN.
Very strange. I uploaded proof of insurance directly after placing the order, in addition to selecting cash as the payment option. All Tesla needs is proof that you currently have insurance, not that you're insured for the VIN that you are picking up, at least in WA State. Other states may differ. Bought many a car and have waited as long as 1 week before notifying my insurance company of a new vehicle, they back date it to purchase date.

Reactions: Obiwanjr
Ditto. I’ve had my VIN for over a month. Rescheduled my delivery for a second time. Now the VIN is gone. Supposedly was going to take delivery on Thursday but that’s now gone too. Already paid my down payment but I was waiting on insurance. Glad I did.
Finally heard from Tesla this morning. They cancelled my delivery and removed my car due to weather delays. No notice. I had to reach out to them. I was supposed to take delivery on Thursday. Now who knows. I’m back to square one. Super frustrating and annoying.