Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is pretty accurate from what I remember on the FB post about it. Many people chimed in about horrible experiences they had at the Renton SC as well, including me.

I had taken my car in for a rattle issue but didn't realize until a few days after picking the car up that it had been driven for ~140mi. When I picked up the car, the tech made some off-hand comments about how some rattles are tricky so the techs take them on their commute to help identify them. I didn't think much about it until I saw my invoice. I know some rattles are a pain to diagnose but 140 miles to identify a rattle is egregious
Take them on their commute? Like they are driving to and from their job in your car to diagnose an issue? That is egregious to say the least.

Got an update today from my SA. First off, I haven't had the piss poor experiences with my SA that most people sound like they have had. My guy is a genuinely good dude and he gives what information he can, with the caveat that I essentially not be dumb about my expectations regarding that info. Sounds like Tesla's internal software forecasts a tentative VIN date for my MYP on 1/17, tentative delivery here in Seattle of 1/19.

I asked if I was close to a car in December but then got screwed by the winter weather, and he said there isn't any sign of that in the system. So that was interesting I guess.

Who knows how helpful or accurate any of this info is (as always), but its another data point.

Reactions: Corndart
Got an update today from my SA. First off, I haven't had the piss poor experiences with my SA that most people sound like they have had. My guy is a genuinely good dude and he gives what information he can, with the caveat that I essentially not be dumb about my expectations regarding that info. Sounds like Tesla's internal software forecasts a tentative VIN date for my MYP on 1/17, tentative delivery here in Seattle of 1/19.

I asked if I was close to a car in December but then got screwed by the winter weather, and he said there isn't any sign of that in the system. So that was interesting I guess.

Who knows how helpful or accurate any of this info is (as always), but its another data point.
Haha this sounds very familiar to the same thing a SA told me last month. Told me I was getting a VIN on 12/17 (even guaranteed that I would get my car by the end of the year) because he had info on the backend that the customers are not able to see and low and behold nothing all month even after I tried to reach out to them. Hope you have better luck than I did with this.

Haha this sounds very familiar to the same thing a SA told me last month. Told me I was getting a VIN on 12/17 (even guaranteed that I would get my car by the end of the year) because he had info on the backend that the customers are not able to see and low and behold nothing all month even after I tried to reach out to them. Hope you have better luck than I did with this.
TBH, I don't really expect to see the car this month because most of the experiences I see (and my own) mirror yours. If I keep my fingers crossed any longer, they're going to get stuck that way.

Reactions: Here4Comments

Great info but sort of bad news for some of us I guess. I ordered on 11/2 so I am at least 6 weeks behind you.

Soooo… I got a VIN today, checked the app tonight and it said it had an order update about Tesla vision. Once I accepted it it gave me a VIN. New EDD is 1/10-1/13 for next week. MYLR 5 seat white/white 20’, order date is 7/1. It a Fremont build MY. Wonder if vins start going out because Austin is supposed to be going into production this week

Reactions: night_fury
Soooo… I got a VIN today, checked the app tonight and it said it had an order update about Tesla vision. Once I accepted it it gave me a VIN. New EDD is 1/10-1/13 for next week. MYLR 5 seat white/white 20’, order date is 7/1. It a Fremont build MY. Wonder if vins start going out because Austin is supposed to be going into production this week
Congrats. If I remember right someone was saying that the MYP's were going to be coming out of Austin (once they ramped up) and LR were going to keep coming from Fremont. Wonder if there is any truth to that.

Reactions: Here4Comments
Got mine today too OD 8/12. MYLR 5 Blue/black 19 FSD

Just had my front windows tinted today and the installer pointed out some more QC issues that I didn’t see before. He has tons of lights in his shop so easier to spot. Along both front windows, along the bottom of the window(probably 0.5-1”) there are about 4 light scracthes in the glass. He just did another MYP the day before and it had the same scratch’s as well. He said it must be something in the door mechanicals that is causing the scratches. He also pointed out a few light dents in the hood and I haven’t hit anything

From what I understand, the cars coming out of Texas will be for the East coast.
So Fremont still makes every car for the whole country except model Y east coast orders? With the size of that factory I can't imagine that would last long. They invested way too much in Texas for it to only handle a portion of one model while the existing factory is sitting on months of back orders for every model. The cyber truck is still a long ways off so that isn't a factor today.
The way it was explained to me was the MYP was going to get the full casted body with the new battery packs and that the LR was going to retain the 2 piece package with the old batteries or even a new LFP based option. Since Fremont doesn't have the "giga cast" equipment then it would make sense to do all MYP's in Texas and all LR in Fremont. That would also explain why all the performance models that did not get delivered at the end of Q4 got pushed back 2 months but the current timelines for new orders are still only 3 months out. They need time to get Texas pumping out the P's while Fremont handles all the LR's going forward and they think they will be ahead of the curve by the end of Q1 because Texas will be up to speed by then.