TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Watch Musk Cameo in movie Why Him

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenT, Jul 2, 2017.

1. GreenT

GreenT Member

If you want to waste 90 minutes watch the movie Why Him and look for an Elon Musk Cameo.

Or ... just see this YouTube video ...

Now he's appearing in this kind of trash? Elon, FOCUS!

(If this is covered elsewhere, combine them ... I searched and nothing. And I cannot even figure out how to start a conversation in anything but S, X, etc. )

• Funny x 2
  2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Focus? I hope you are kidding. Elon is more focused on protecting and improving this planet at home in bed in a deep sleep that 98% of the planet citizens do their waking days. He accomplishes more in a week that our leaders get done in a year. He's a hero to hundreds of thousands of people. If he wants to take a few minutes, if he wants to take a month off to have fun, he's earned it a thousand times over. Gosh, I hope he doesn't, but he has my support to do anything he wishes. He's earned it and owes no one an explanation.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. GreenT

GreenT Member

Not kidding at all.

He lacks focus. His mind is everywhere. Keeps announcing new stuff when existing stuff is in desperate need of fixing.

I think, no disrespect, you have blinders on.

• Disagree x 5
  4. Barry

Barry Active Member

I agree with GreenT.

Also, I find Bryan Cranston an enigma. He was absolutely fantastic in Breaking Bad, and so horrible in just about everything he has done since.

5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

So the man can't take a little time off to have some fun and film a bit part in a movie? What about time off to attend a concert or a game? Time with the kids? Vacation? Are those a lack of focus as well? Who cares how he chooses to spend the little leisure time he allows himself to take. Some executives spend time whacking a little white ball on the grass; he chooses to role play in a movie. I don't see the latter being any less "focused" than the former.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  6. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

The movie was no Oscar winning epic, but it was fun and funny nonetheless - if you don't take yourself or life too seriously and have a sense of humor, which we know Elon does (has a sense of humor).

• Like x 3
  7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I do not begrudge Elon a bit of fun. The guy works 80 to 100 hours a week.

Any this should have been posted in the Elon Musk thread, not in the Model S forum since it is not about the Model S vehicle.

FOCUS.

• Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  8. GreenT

GreenT Member

Any this should have been posted in the Elon Musk thread, ... agreed!
    But this pos software's navigation is bad ... maybe you can tell me how to do that!

9. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#9 BluestarE3, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    I've already sent a request in for a moderator to move this to the Elon Musk thread.

For future reference, on TMC homepage, click TMC FORUMS. Click link to the desired forum (e.g., "Tesla Motors") and then click "Post New Thread" to start a new thread within that forum. To post to an existing thread (such as in this case), locate and click link to the desired thread (e.g., "Elon Musk") within the forum and enter your new post.

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

It is better than any other online forum I have ever used, and I've used more than a few.

11. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

I think you're missing the bigger picture. He's getting movie cameos, talk show spots, and general pop culture exposure because he's Elon Freakin' Musk, the guy who's moving us all forward to a better future. His name is synonymous with electric cars, solar energy, and flights to Mars. The more mainstream that vision of the future becomes -- without being a joke -- the better off we'll be, because it can inspire people to make it a reality.

12. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

This was already discussed here: Teslas in Movies & TV

Spoiler alert: I can't believe @GreenT did not mention the immortal "Tesla of toilets" line. ;) Model S also featured in a couple shots.

I like dumb comedies and I am with @Krugerrand on this one. Harmless fun.

13. Maaz

Maaz Member

This movie was awesome.

14. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

If you want to see a cameo of Elon Musk in a movie, check out the incredibly powerful (and important) film, "Racing Extinction". A super cool/tricked out Model S also makes quite an "extended" cameo in the film. Anyone who belivies in Elon's mission to save our planet needs to see this film as soon as possible. Trust me!

-Andrew

15. Max*

Max* Banned

There's also a Model S in the movie, is that why this is in the Model S forum? ;)