Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watching for I-70 Superchargers from Denver to St. Louis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to keep the thread complete, there is another thread with pictures and location for the Denver SuperCharger. Great location on Airport Rd. on the East side of Denver around half way b/w Limon and Silverthorn. Need KC up, and probably Topeka to make the trip in the Winter and I'll be able to do the entire run to our Timeshare in Dillon on Superchargers!
Supercharger - Denver, CO

Little birdie says sites are picked just waiting on permits,etc. But won't give details.

On another note. Anyone spotted anything in Independence? Ikea's opening next month and I'm hoping to do a day trip. Love IKEA!

Cottonwood the Magnificent with the question on his forehead, sources unknown whisper the answer to him, "Coming Soon." The question on the card asks, "What about Topeka and Independence?"

Heard today that the permits have been approved for Columbia, MO - parking lot at Culvers. (2520 Broadway Bluffs Dr, Columbia, MO 65201) I tried finding the Web site for reviewing permits in Columbia, MO to confirm this story but didn't have any luck. (Same set of birds tweeting from the Saint Louis Sales & Service center!) :)

Heard today that the permits have been approved for Columbia, MO - parking lot at Culvers. (2520 Broadway Bluffs Dr, Columbia, MO 65201) I tried finding the Web site for reviewing permits in Columbia, MO to confirm this story but didn't have any luck. (Same set of birds tweeting from the Saint Louis Sales & Service center!) :)

Great news!

When Columbia, Independence, and Topeka are on-line, I-70 from Denver to St Louis will be complete!!!

I tried finding the Web site for reviewing permits in Columbia, MO to confirm this story but didn't have any luck.

Found a link to "Search Building Permits". Last entry in the list on the left here. I requested access and they said I "should receive an email with instructions for activating your account within one (1) business day". I'll update here if I get access and turn up anything. *UPDATE* No luck via showmeboone.com. Got access this morning, found no recent permits for anything on Broadway Bluffs.

I also found this list of permit reports, but September is not posted yet, and there's no telling when it will be.

Last edited:
I'm headed through Topeka on my way out to Colorado this weekend and if by some stroke of luck this is open for use, it would save me from an hour of L2 charging to get the 20ish buffer miles I need to make it to the Salina supercharger. I planned on calling the Arby's to see if one of the employees could give me a status update but if anyone has further info on progress, it would be much appreciated.

September permits are up (direct link), but I don't see any sign of anything relating to Culver's, or Broadway Bluffs. : (

Last rumor I heard (earlier this week) was that the previously selected site in Columbia went silent on them (totally nonresponsive). I believe a new site has been selected and permit application is in process yet again. Frustrating.

Any more word on Independence?

So Tesla prioritized EU travel to French Riviera etc. Including the use of temporary supercharging stations for their summer holiday.

Well now it's time for them to do the same thing immediately in USA for travel for Midwesterners to Florida for the holiday season so this includes Missouri Illinois Kentucky Tennessee to connect to Nashville and Chattanooga this should be a priority. They should implement temporary charging stations if necessary as used in Denver in my opinion.

So Tesla prioritized EU travel to French Riviera etc. Including the use of temporary supercharging stations for their summer holiday.

Well now it's time for them to do the same thing immediately in USA for travel for Midwesterners to Florida for the holiday season so this includes Missouri Illinois Kentucky Tennessee to connect to Nashville and Chattanooga this should be a priority. They should implement temporary charging stations if necessary as used in Denver in my opinion.

Excuse moi? So you do not holiday in the French Riviera? Swine!

Topeka is now open.

Hopefully, Independence and Columbia, MO will soon behind. Looks like Effingham, IL will feed into Indianapolis, IN. The missing link is something on the north or east side of St Louis. Wonder where that will be...

On another note, Cottonwood the Magnificent with the question on his forehead, sources unknown whisper the answer to him, "In the works..." The question on the card asks, "What about Springfield, ??"

Last edited:
The missing link is something on the north or east side of St Louis. Wonder where that will be...

I've always assumed Troy or Collinsville due to the intersection of interstates there.

On another note, Cottonwood the Magnificent with the question on his forehead, sources unknown whisper the answer to him, "In the works..." The question on the card asks, "What about Springfield, ??"

Springfield, IL or Springfield, MO? Or the Springfield that contains 742 Evergreen Terrace?

I noticed Independence, MO does not have a "dot" on the Tesla future superchargers map. Anyone remember if it used to or not? Any thoughts on if they might skip this one? The distance between Topeka an Columbia, MO is about 190 miles. That would be pushing the limits of an S60.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you get an address for Columbia? Since I'm there now, I'll do a drive by in a few hours and see if I see anything of interest.