Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious as to why some cars have it and some do not. Also, seems to be varying levels of volume.
Based only on my experience getting a new head lamp installed (under warranty, in a May 2018 build TM3) back in the fall of 2018, I’m not surprised that there are different effects of the same software build on different VINs of the same batch of vehicles.

The technique of continuing running hardware improvements that Tesla employs (versus previous industry standard of saving a bunch of improvements for the next model year) can lead to the same batch of vehicles having different pieces of hardware; to the point where my new headlamp would not “plug and play” as the technician had to install what was, for practical purposes, the “driver” for said piece of hardware.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Based only on my experience getting a new head lamp installed (under warranty, in a May 2018 build TM3) back in the fall of 2018, I’m not surprised that there are different effects of the same software build on different VINs of the same batch of vehicles.

The technique of continuing running hardware improvements that Tesla employs (versus previous industry standard of saving a bunch of improvements for the next model year) can lead to the same batch of vehicles having different pieces of hardware; to the point where my new headlamp would not “plug and play” as the technician had to install what was, for practical purposes, the “driver” for said piece of hardware.
Yup, this is one of the main reasons new cars stay on factory builds for a while. They need to integrate the new drivers into the mainline branch before the new cars can be upgrade to a mainline build.

Reactions: navguy12