Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what exactly is the latest on all of this?

I updated yesterday to 2022.24.6.6 and now have the buzz/ring issue as well and heard it for the first time this morning.

Is it a software issue and should we wait for an update? Should I schedule an appointment?

What’s the direction everyone is leaning?

I updated yesterday to 2022.24.6.6 and now have the buzz/ring issue as well and heard it for the first time this morning.

Is it a software issue and should we wait for an update? Should I schedule an appointment?

EQS 450+

Yes schedule an appointment and complain — that more people that do so the better the chance Tesla addresses sooner… imho

I was just at the Palm Springs SC with my 2021 MSP. There were at least 15 Model S and 10 Model X cars there. None had any Buzz or whine. My two friends have Model S 2021 & 2022 cars...No whine or Buzz, and they almost all are on 2022.28.2 or 2022.28.1. The SC agent told me that he had herd there were a "Minuscule" number of cars with a whine issue, and as of this date, there was no further information on it. I have two friends with MS refresh cars- No Buzz, as is mine. I'm wondering just what the Real magnitude of this issue is? Granted there are those that truly have the buzz problem, I just haven't experienced it - YET. 2021 MSP 2022.28.2.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ash83 and kazamm
No charging infrastructure so no road tripping without severe range anxiety
Tesla is already building in arizona V4 of supercharger that will be open to everybody (non tesla) and soon enough they will roll out the option to all.
From a business point of view, great for business since it's another source of income for them and bad for tesla customers...which do you think they care about more?

Same here in model S. Definitely after the software update and when the car is awake. Took it to the service center, and they just confirmed it to be an issue but no resolution. I hope next software update will fix it.

I’m wondering if anyone who has FSD Beta (different firmware version) is having the same noise problems. It was announced that Tesla will be downloading FSD Beta to FSD owners/subscribers with a safety score of 80 and higher.
if you are already on 2022.24 or .28 then you won't get FSD until next version which is based on 2022.28 which has the buzzzzzzzz. current FSD is based on 2022.20 which Tesla will not downgrade you to.

Reactions: jebinc
For visibility, I scheduled an appt. I believe there's nothing they can do at the SC. I'll cancel appt after I get a reply.
Screenshot_20220922_081120_Gallery.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Almost