Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well this is new and I am concerned...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m sitting at a supercharger and after about 10mins of charging I hear a 4 second long high pitch tone and then my passenger door randomly opens up! I am shocked and confused at what just happened.

I called the SC and they said they would contact me back first thing in the morning.

This is the first time i’ve experienced this issue and since last week I have been getting a rather harsh ride while feeling random vibrations from around the car. At speeds anywhere above 60kms I begin to hear a pulsating sound from underneath and in front of the car.

Could this be a battery issue?

Has anybody else experienced these issues?

I go in for my first annual service next Tuesday.

I've never had that issue happen. But I have had a different issue happen when supercharging. Sometimes my window controls start to "stutter" and temporarily won't work. I'll try opening the window, and while holding down the control the window is rolling down and then will stop. Then for a few seconds, it won't move up or down. Then it will start to work again. And then get stuck again. It affects all windows at the same time. Has never happened while driving.

I believe it is the adjustment of the switch within the latch. The fob button causes the handle to extend. The extended handle, due to switch alignment, thinks it is being pulled.
Right, but then that's an issue with the switch/latch. The user I'm quoting is implying it could simply be him leaning on his keyfob which is impossible unless the switch is also broken.

I've never had that issue happen. But I have had a different issue happen when supercharging. Sometimes my window controls start to "stutter" and temporarily won't work. I'll try opening the window, and while holding down the control the window is rolling down and then will stop. Then for a few seconds, it won't move up or down. Then it will start to work again. And then get stuck again. It affects all windows at the same time. Has never happened while driving.
I get that, only when the car is off. It's different from the OP's issue...

It also prevents turning the Child Protect lock light on, and moving the mirrors.

Sometimes locking or unlocking the car restores the control. Service Center had it twice under warranty, they replaced the control pad and the driver door microprocessor ...and then gave up. It still happens.