Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one in Calgary is probably the one I discovered at the new Service Center that is under construction.
Maybe not - they seemed to have moved away from putting SuperChargers at Service Centres as it can lead to congestion issues as they have found in Toronto. They will likely put a couple of SuperChargers at the Service Centre for non-public use as this seems to be their current modus operandi. One of the things they announced today is more of an emphasis on SuperChargers in urban areas. "In addition, many sites will be built further off the highway to allow local Tesla drivers to charge quickly when needed, with the goal of making charging ubiquitous in urban centers."

There might be more elsewhere, but I'm also wondering if this location might be a "Service Plus" location that will act as a Sales Center too if/when the lease at Chinook mall expires (That can't be cheap).

This location is further off the highway (but still close to crossroads) but is actually somewhat central and could serve locals well.

The one in Calgary is probably the one I discovered at the new Service Center that is under construction.

ZcuHfdr0io6vs1_wYbKDdB41OfXCllSYF0M7F1mTZVRfy3u_O6dZmYCMjG637u_f-GPES7eBj3nvUPznSnavebDc0G4jo668yc0uw8em9FSSe8U-8j-9dio2-ISJpZJ2unHxAL_9igfNajRAkuhLOK8vz26QqokoHwRS_2n8tj_Y2ttfY88khikBltZbiv2a63pQxZjXRTMUM3na8Ewv_CL_UMdwFu4Di3yZSGEjT02VSY1cNLWYcpfRo_2rxMX5PC3I84mFpdMFdxAzwmRjmyzEbP9I-p_rMaXZvKdCRJdFsORaWM3ZWhIeXlgFd1CJ1Q-eXvRSn3wE4PzFDJE0p66AEuSmW1xY795R6pfrXgZRnThoisbZ6OcazKWJNUWlFgrNdTxK0WWE_WZ7qOxCIB0XCv5KdR9l96D1M_uaSLckQidxvVjJhSBbF0GL7IaCyUN0o-Cxvsoi3yNENxZet4sqvhD99C7-0QIY4VeNqjlmqb_q8IitshFHFBk8n5KI4XIyIAh1mgjmkomfFc-ioma-HbzjHWISGpItmuCkA3J2SLCxholZ9K8R2fOIhogKFnNVCihiBVWKsXW3gwl4BK_KTsHKJIRaexh3me7RYXiztpjj=w1835-h1033-no
It would be fabulous if so, as I'm coming up from the US and heading to Banff with my trailer this June. The current Supercharger is quite a bit out of the way, especially when towing.

OPTIONS, I like options.
I plan on ubering in Calgary soon (someone already is in a Tesla and people love it)
So getting a quick 10 min there instead of running up to cross iron mills would be GRRRRRRRREAT!
Not that I am complaining about cross iron mills SC,
It makes my 2 hour trip east every few months where I barely need to use Strathmore PV mart J1772.
When they finish the Montana connectors to the I90,
I may do that road trip to Ontario/New York,
but then again who knows.

There might be more elsewhere, but I'm also wondering if this location might be a "Service Plus" location that will act as a Sales Center too if/when the lease at Chinook mall expires (That can't be cheap).

This location is further off the highway (but still close to crossroads) but is actually somewhat central and could serve locals well.
That would not be inconsistent with other places like Toronto - they have a store at Yorkdale Mall plus a Sales + Service Center at Lawrence Ave in Toronto plus a newly opened Sales + Service in Oakville.

It's weird that some of the current functional superchargers on the map are grey, such as Squamish and Hope. Unless they are planning to expand these chargers to add more stalls, I'm not sure why they are grey.

Also, Tsawwassen is a good place to have ferry traffic charge up before heading to Victoria and vice versa.

Was hoping there would be a charger in Osooyoos or Princeton for the southern BC route.

Tesla brags about how much they're doing with regards to Superchargers, but still nothing for Sask. Kinda pisses me off to be honest. Even putting SCs in Medicine Hat and Lloydminster Alberta (hey Tesla likes Alberta) would be beneficial for SK owners going to/from AB and AB folks going to SK.

I had a long drive yesterday. I went about 720km and it took just over 12 hours. Yep, 7 hours of driving plus 5 hours of charging to go 700 km and I still rolled in with 5% battery remaining. Many thanks to Sun Country, Peavey Mart and other businesses that make EV driving possible here in SK.

Tesla brags about how much they're doing with regards to Superchargers, but still nothing for Sask. Kinda pisses me off to be honest. Even putting SCs in Medicine Hat and Lloydminster Alberta (hey Tesla likes Alberta) would be beneficial for SK owners going to/from AB and AB folks going to SK.

I had a long drive yesterday. I went about 720km and it took just over 12 hours. Yep, 7 hours of driving plus 5 hours of charging to go 700 km and I still rolled in with 5% battery remaining. Many thanks to Sun Country, Peavey Mart and other businesses that make EV driving possible here in SK.
I feel for you dude. I have sat charging for hours on our trips to Nova Scotia. Just one isolated Supercharger in New Brunswick or near Regina would make a world of difference to those areas.

I feel for you dude. I have sat charging for hours on our trips to Nova Scotia. Just one isolated Supercharger in New Brunswick or near Regina would make a world of difference to those areas.
NB Power hopes to have 10 L3 chargers operating by July "By comparison, the fast-charging (or Level 3) stations NB Power will install this year typically service entirely electric vehicles. Using those chargers, drivers will be able to recharge their EVs to approximately 80 per cent within 30 minutes."

10 new electric vehicle fast-charging stations planned on Trans-Canada in N.B.

Maybe the SK govt should also support EVs by giving incentives like QC, BC and ON. And couldn't SaskPower put in L3 chargers as well? NB Power is putting some in and the ON govt has subsidized tons of L3 and L2 chargers.