Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the one thing you like the least about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, I have a laundry list of things I don’t like, but...

Closing the doors with the windows down just makes my entire body cringe. The sound it makes is one of cheap, nasty, econobox misery. It might be worse than any car I’ve experienced. Even thinking about it makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry. (Hold me?)

So, what’s your biggest bugbear with the Model 3?
This!!

Right now, it's the fact that EAP will not work faster than 5 mph above the posted limit. Here on Maui most roads are posted ten mph slower than even a conservative safe speed. So most traffic flows 15 mph over the posted limit. On roads with two lanes of traffic in each direction, at light traffic times, I'm fine driving 5 mph over the limit and cars can pass me easily if they want. On roads with just one lane in each direction, and when traffic is too heavy for easy passing, using EAP becomes a nuisance to other drivers because 5 mph over the posted limit is way too slow.
Just use the cruse control by itself, no speed restriction and the lane avoidance helps stay in the lane.

Single biggest thing is that I'm afraid of is getting hit. Last time I got in an accident was in 1992 and it was when someone ran a red light as I was the 3rd car going through a green. But for some reason, I'm terrified of being hit driving the Model 3. It's not even the most expensive car I've driven, but it stresses me out nonetheless.

• Phone integration/know CarPlay is out but Tesla is pathetic with BT/text/music
  • Seat bottoms are a little soft (I like firm)
  • Heated Steering wheel/have Raynaud's and runner (will miss in Nov)
  • Active noise cancelation/had this in my ELR and GREAT for EV's
  • Rear cross traffic/didn't realize how much I would miss it
  • 360º overhead parking view
  • Sentry Mode on screen playback (I know probably coming)
  • Pedestrian horn chirp/lights flash (pull signal and 3 chirps/lights flash/great for green light phone users)
  • Actually the BIGGEST is Sedan/I want a Coupe:eek::D

How will this help? (Inquiring minds want to know.)

The issue is the force necessary to latch the frunk combined with the thin aluminum material.

The spring means you can close the frunk with 2 fingers. But you can’t use the spring without the new struts. The new struts are necessary for the frunk to auto-pop on open.

Either way, replacing both struts and springs takes under 5 minutes and just requires a small, flat-headed screwdriver.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenC
How will this help? (Inquiring minds want to know.)

The issue is the force necessary to latch the frunk combined with the thin aluminum material.

Its a softer spring so it doesn't require as much force to close the frunk.

So far my biggest complaints are:

Having to disable AP during a lane change. This needs to be addressed ASAP. I don't want the car to change lanes for me but I think the car should temporarily disable AP when you put the turn signal on and then enable AP when you have moved over to the other lane.

I would love CarPlay but I'm not sure if this will ever happen. At this point I'd love to just be able to plugin my iPhone so I can control my music from the screen in the car and not pick up my phone. I want to be able to scroll through albums/artists/playlists without touching my phone. This would make things safer too...