Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are peak/off peak Supercharger rates and times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I saw the hours and Kw rates published somewhere recently that showed the the cost to Supercharge, if I remember correctly the rates were half during off peak times. Does anyone know where this is or what the times and rates are for Supercharging? I cannot for the life of me find it.

Thanks much

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Hi all,

I saw the hours and Kw rates published somewhere recently that showed the the cost to Supercharge, if I remember correctly the rates were half during off peak times. Does anyone know where this is or what the times and rates are for Supercharging? I cannot for the life of me find it.

Thanks much
It very much varies by specific location. Here in New Mexico, I've not yet seen a Supercharger that had any time-of-day system for Supercharging rates at all, though the prices certainly differ by location. For example, on my delivery acceptance trip back from Colorado Spring to Albuquerque in March 2022, the rate at Trinidad, CO was the highest, then 39 cents/kWh, while the Uptown charger here in Albuquerque when it opened was only 26.

As RayK has advised you, go look at charging locations from the nav screen of your car. You can even look at places far away. Using that method, I noticed that lots of California Bay Area Superchargers have rates which are strongly dependent on the time of day.

With 2022.36.2 , you can see rates and If there are TOD (time of day) rates by touching the supercharger icon on the Tesla cars map. Along with how busy it is now and at different times.

C1F3771A-DA9B-440B-B891-FD6F67A1DC78.jpeg

this is why when I visit my brother, I use EA Pass+, lol...
If you are in the LA basin check out the free DCFCs provided by LADWP. They are only 50kW, so not as fast as Tesla charging to be sure, but with Tesla charging 65¢/kWh all day you could rack up a $50 tab on a single charge. Insane!

Of course, with all this promoting free charging, I got beat by a Model Y to the Maxwell Rest Area on my trip up hwy 5 yesterday, so perhaps I should keep my trap shut.

If you are in the LA basin check out the free DCFCs provided by LADWP. They are only 50kW, so not as fast as Tesla charging to be sure, but with Tesla charging 65¢/kWh all day you could rack up a $50 tab on a single charge. Insane!

Of course, with all this promoting free charging, I got beat by a Model Y to the Maxwell Rest Area on my trip up hwy 5 yesterday, so perhaps I should keep my trap shut.
Last time I went to Redding I was checking those out.

Probably this one:

680727.jpg

Reactions: avs007 and JDEWD250
Probably this one:

680727.jpg
That has to be a torque infested wheelie monster!

I want one!