TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What are the flaws coming off the line nowadays like??

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DuplexDianne, Jun 22, 2016.

1. DuplexDianne

DuplexDianne Member

Sounds like they've got the door latches fixed when they shut down X production for a week to re-tool. I've seen some chatter on FB Owner's Group about A/C issues--being DOA on delivery, or going out shortly afterward.

We are due to get ours in the next couple of weeks. Was hoping to take it on a road trip, but not without A/C, LOL...

For those of you who have picked up your X in the last few weeks...what say you? Alignment of FWD still continues to be an issue for some. What else???

2. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

I guess it's flawless. Should've waited one more month to take delivery I guess! ;-)

3. DuplexDianne

DuplexDianne Member

I guess that's great news that nobody has any issues!

4. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Tesla said that about 80% of X's that come off the production line are good to go and require no rework. Let's hope that ours are among this majority so we don't have to wait longer! :)

• Like x 1
  5. DuplexDianne

DuplexDianne Member

I'd wait longer if = flawless delivery

• Like x 1
  6. T'chaka

T'chaka New Member

My model X arrived at the tesla shop June 13th but still have not been able to receive it because of a problem with bolting down the second row. They are ordering parts for the second time to fix the problem. I am glad my local Tesla identified the problem and is working to address it but disappointed that it could be shipped to Maryland with such a serious issue.

7. Kutu

Kutu Member

My Model X arrived at the Service Center and they said when they were detailing it one of the FWD latches went bad. I was to have picked it up Friday. I hope to get it next week, as they may want it delivered for this quarters number.

8. Spsmyk

Spsmyk New Member

Honestly, except for the wrong carpets 7 seat carpet for 6 seater, everything else was great. Picked ours up llast Saturday and my wife won't share it. Stuck driving around in my ancient S...

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. cantdecide

cantdecide Member

Picked up our 75D a week ago. Entire production and QA took a total of 2 days.
    The windshield ghosting issue is certainly still there. Have a minor issue with the charging port. Imperfections in FWD obstacle detection... but overall 90% less issues than our previous X, and the issues that are there are 90% more minor (no undrivable issues as yet).

10. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Glad to hear. What happened to the previous X?

11. Local host

Local host Member

Mine has a small scratch in the FWD window. The SC will come and fix it when I get in touch. There also looks like there is some rough cut glass on the roof (FWD). Otherwise mint so far...

Best car in the world!

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  12. electricity

electricity Member

Zero issues with the car itself , ghosting is an issue for me but should be fixed when the supplier gets its act together. Best suv on the planet. I had a porsche cayenne previously which i thought was amazing, it really is nothing compared to the x. Nothing.

13. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

Picked up mine 18 June. Flawless. My face hurts from ten days of smiling....

• Funny x 1
  14. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Picked up mine yesterday and no problems.

• Like x 1
  15. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

Have had mine for 1,300 mile and just under 3 weeks. Few minor things. Only major is AC is not holding temp, acts like Freon is low. It is scheduled in for next Tuesday. So far so good!

16. DuplexDianne

DuplexDianne Member

VIN#?? Hope it's close to mine!!!

17. Nader

Nader Member

Picked up yesterday at factory. There were a ton of deliveries happening under the big white tent. They mentioned something about end of quarter surge.

Unfortunately, about a mile down the street a service light came on and power was reduced. It's back at service center with problem yet to be identified. Possibly something to do with coolant. If power is reduced then it's maybe a heat management issue? They sent us home with a loaner. Disappointing experience to say the least. Especially since we were 200 miles from home.

• Informative x 2
  18. Kutu

Kutu Member

My undelivered Model X has been at the service center for almost 2 weeks. The last update was Monday, when they told me the replacement door latch had arrived. Since that time I've had no updates. I am beginning to think it must have some serious issues.

19. jackbowers

jackbowers Jack Bowers

It's possible the cooling system issues are software related. I've had my car for almost six months and only started intermittently losing AC in recent weeks. The same problem sometimes slows the charging rate at Superchargers. If it is software it will likely get figured out in the next few days.

20. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Wow. Super disappointment. Total Fail on Tesla's part. I am not sure how I would have reacted to that one.