Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your FSD hopes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the beta release in Oct, my goal was to have it, and have it be good enough to take me from my house to cedar point (an hour away) with zero interventions on opening day May 14th.

Does anybody else have any specific goals you'll be happy to see?

Let's see....
Thread: What are your FSD hopes?
Mine is to have FSD working better than humans by mid-2025. That is when my daughter would get her learners permit.
Learning to drive (or do anything) does not guarantee the humans will always perform at 100% of knowledge.
Actually, I can guarantee that humans will always fall short of applying 100% of knowledge.

My hope for FSD is to be ready so that when my kid is on the road (in NC drivers education in class and on the road is required), she's got FSD with billions of miles of experience instead of the 30 ( 12 ) hours of classroom and 6 ( 8 ) hours of driving class experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82bert
The worst part of these FSD threads is when people come on here and pretend that they are superior drivers to everyone else.

So either everyone is a great driver or only people who post on TMC are great drivers or they’re all full of *sugar*. I commute 50 miles round trip most days, and I can assure you that most humans are terrible drivers. The amount of beer misses, mistakes, and even misses that occur on any given drive is astounding. I, for one, welcome the day when humans are not the sole driver.

Hopes?

My main hopes are (a) that by the time I reach an age where my driving skills are impaired enough that I would otherwise have to give up my driver's license that an FSD solution will be able to drive me around and (b) when I take my annual long distance to my in-laws that I can hop in the car at about 7pm, fall asleep by 10pm, sleep overnight during the highway portion of the trip, wake up at 7am and complete the trip by 9am, feeling comfortable with this situation and saving a day on either end of the trip (and in some cases, an overnight hotel stay).

The latter is the nearer-term hope obviously, and in my case anyway, it's not as difficult as it sounds as it sounds as it literally is just a single interstate (albeit with the occasional split and left exit), and of course the car would have to know when it needed to stop for a charge (I'm even okay if it wakes me up to get of the highway and drive to the Supercharger as I'm not holding out hope for a snake charger any time soon).

For the former, hopefully that's a longer term requirement (maybe 30-35 years from now, so hopefully doable).

My expectation, however, is that even the overnight trip case is at least 10 years away.

I'm hoping it works reliably and safely enough that it's actually relaxing to use. My wife hates when I drive with NoA because the car does some genuinely scary or obtuse things - like speeding up to highway speed on an exit ramp (scary) or lazily following a car going 20 mph under the speed limit without any interest in passing it (obtuse).

Since the beta release in Oct, my goal was to have it, and have it be good enough to take me from my house to cedar point (an hour away) with zero interventions on opening day May 14th.

I would like it to do just one thing that Elon Musk said it would do 3 years ago. For example drive coast to coast without intervention.

The present version will not go more than 30 seconds without intervention. FSD is a total rip off EM.

• Love
Reactions: run-the-joules