Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What brand/car did your Tesla replace?

What brand/car did your Tesla replace?

• BMW

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Audi/VW

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • Mercedes

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Jaguar

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Land Rover/Range Rover

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Lexus

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Alfa Romeo

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • High performance sports car brand (ie Porsche, Ferrari)

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other brand Internal Combustion car

Votes: 43 25.9%
  • Other brand Electric car

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Hybrid car

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • I am thinking of switching to a Tesla and cast my vote above....

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Merc c350e, ran it for 4 years , but would you believe not was well built as the m3 ( back seat would squeek every time you went over a bump) was also starting to die with multiple sensor failure dispute low mileage, no regrets, and loving being ice free.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
Currently have a Peugeot 3008 on lease, was going to go for the 3008 hybrid but WLTP delays plus covid delayed that so looked again, SIL and her husband have a M3P so looked at that and I was hooked, also helped that due to BIK rates its going to work out cheaper than what I’m paying now dor the Peugeot

I've just handed back a Mazda 6 estate. A really nice car, well spec'd, good quality (among the Japanese and South Korean contenders), probably not up to German quality, but then it doesn't come with a German price tag. The 2.2 L diesel is torquey and also nice and lively.

Currently I'm missing it like mad, as my M3LR is late and I've got a Hyundai Tucson to fill the gap. It is bland, boring and gutless.

The BIK was creeping up on the Mazda 6 and to have another one now would also push the BIK up further. A big part of the M3 decision was the very very low BIK.

Currently have no car whilst awaiting delivery....!

Previous car up until April was a Peugeot 3008suv GT.

One of those diesel drinkers.... I remember when I bought it 3 years ago thinking this might be my last ever fossil car... looking forward to the electric revolution.....

A 2012 Nissan LEAF. We really liked that car, but… our Model 3 puts it to shame.

01_sm.jpg
09_sm.jpg

Reactions: bitmanEV
Greenpower kit car built and designed (not chassis, drivetrain or suspension) by secondary school pupils. Range; as far as you can get it in 90 minutes... still going strong at 28.8 miles in 90 minute limit. 2 x 36ah batteries giving approx 860Wh - less than 30Wh/mile. If it had the energy capacity of a Tesla LR battery, that would be around 2350 miles.

In its initial form, it lapped Goodwood in 7'28 - aim this year was 6'30 but those plans put on hold. Not sure if we will still be going strong at 90 minutes though, but we will have some aerodynamic, drivetrain, cooling and electronic enhancements to help.

upload_2020-6-4_18-7-22.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: davidmc and Adopado
Nissan Leaf 2013 with 125kmi. Replaced it with a used 2014 Tesla P85D with 75kmi. The Leaf became the hand me down car to my new teen driver, which is good as it's relatively maintenance-free, not too fast, top speed limited, and range limited so less chance for the teenager to get in trouble.

Ford Fusion Energi PHEV. Platinum trim with all the safety features, and very nice to drive. Sold it to a relative because I was frustrated that I could not drive in EV mode as much as I wanted to, which turned out to be all of the time.