Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car do you currently drive while waiting for the Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1997 MB E420 Sport. That one took 10 weeks to custom order 21 years ago as I recall. My X90 w/ most options except for premium pkg. confirmed last Sunday with VIN 52xx on Monday will take less time to arrive if Late April - May is accurate.

A 2006 Lexus RX400h, the first hybrid you could tow with. I have 218,900 miles on it. I spend the summer with either a bike rack on the back or twice a week when at my sailing club temporarily remove the rack and install a trailer ball for launching and retrieving the boat on a ramp. The X will replace this and will be used primarily for short, not overnight trips.

My overnight trip vehicle is a 2014 Winnebago View built on a Mercedes Sprinter diesel chassis. It might go to Alaska again this year. If not Alaska, Eugene, Oregon, and lots of other shorter trips from Ohio.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. A very fun and useful introduction to an electric drivetrain and charging which means that even now anything full ICE feels horrible - I even hate it when I hear the ICE kick in on the PHEV. I now dream of driving over 30 miles on pure ICE in a 4x4...

I rented a brand new Volvo XC90 in Paris this week, not bad but the stop start diesel felt very "agricultural"!

Oh, and in the UK, so I've got probably a year to wait for my X...

Gave up my black '08 MB E550 4-matic to my daughter in med school who needed a reliable car last July, leaving me to drive the battle-scared tank, a 2004 Lexus LX470 that has trained 3 kids how to drive in safety. That car has now 170K miles and still has a shine that XPEL would be proud of, except for the Rocky Mountain salt dings on the front end. I ordered the 90D last April knowing that we would be down a car at home, and I had not been a new car owner in over 10 years, so this decision was my turn (wife said "you make the money, you get the prize"...God I love her!). Wife drives a new pearl white GX460, 3 rows of seats. So that's why I ordered 5 seat X. My youngest kid needs 25 more driving hours to get his license, and he will take over the LX470, so he won't drive even with a license until my 90D arrives, or else he'll drive a 96 Jeep Wrangler with stick shift for a while. Yea, we will become a 6 car family for 6 people, but 3 cars will reside in Denver. The rest are scattered amongst my kids in college and grad school. Cant wait till they become self-sufficient. Does that start by age 30 or later?

As we wait for our Signature X, we are still enjoying our two Chevy Volts, one of which will get sold once we get our X. As people dedicated to the whole mission of electric vehicles, we have been quite happy with our Volts, but it will be nice to finally go fully electric with our X. Also, the X will have room for our family of 3 plus our 3 dogs, so we will finally be able to go places together.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)