Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What changes to production Cybertruck ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, there will be changes, IMO, the arches around the wheels will go, either widen the body or make track narrower. It will clean up aerodynamics. It will for even faster production, and dare we say it, "look even more futuristic".

And of course the knobby tires god for something more road friendly. Hope everything else stays.

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Rear-3-4-with-Taillamps-Bumper-and-Taillights.jpg

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Rear-Quarter-Panel.jpg

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Static-Front-3-4-View.jpg
Not sure of that as we have been told it will not fit in a 20’ garage or 240”.
I hope they offer one that is just a foot shorter to help with the majority of the garages. Some comments on the size are that most people will park it outside, but I wager most people have their charging set up for inside and would prefer to have it in a garage.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I hope they offer one that is just a foot shorter to help with the majority of the garages. Some comments on the size are that most people will park it outside, but I wager most people have their charging set up for inside and would prefer to have it in a garage.
The standard garage is 20x20 which will allow the Cybertruck (or an F150) to fit (albeit just barely). I never heard of anyone who thought of purchasing an F150 not purchase it because of the garage. Or you can do it the way I do and just run it under the garage door with a suitable cut out so the cable doesn't get crushed.
Cut.jpg
Plugged_in.jpg

I'm probably in the market segment that would not normally buy an F-150 (or any truck) but am intrigued by the possibilities of this CT design for road trips with bicycles and other stuff I could lock up in the vault.

My wish for a slightly shorter version was also piqued by this article. Tesla Cybertruck goes inside a home garage in AR app which also links to a cool augmented reality app. I have a tri-motor on reservation and have a 20x22 foot garage, but even that is a tight fit with about a foot to spare at either end.

Reactions: dhrivnak
There did not appear to be any turn signals or a third brake light.

Hey look at that, a good picture showing the three brake lights:

cybertruck-driving-testing-lax-jpg.327

And given that in the US the left/right brake lights can be used as turn signals, those are there as well.

Also, the marker lights can be seen just above the bumper. It does look like the tires are pushed out all the way to the edge of the flares, or maybe just a tiny bit past them.

Hey look at that, a good picture showing the three brake lights:

cybertruck-driving-testing-lax-jpg.327

And given that in the US the left/right brake lights can be used as turn signals, those are there as well.

Also, the marker lights can be seen just above the bumper. It does look like the tires are pushed out all the way to the edge of the flares, or maybe just a tiny bit past them.

How does the tail gate detach? And when you remove it what lighting do you have?

It has to come off or it can't ever be replaced if damaged. But it will have wiring to deal with. (But so does any other modern pickup with electronic latches, cameras, etc. in the tailgate.)

My trucks have all been old or basic. The gates can be taken off in under 10 seconds for situations where you don't want them. My thought was that the CT may not be intended to come off so easily. Perhaps it is.