Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Charge Cables Are Supplied With The Car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the most useful extras I've bought (not for the Tesla, but it will work just as well with it) is a 10m long 32 A Type 2 cable, complete with a storage bag. If you intend to destination charge in hotels or other places that have socketed charge points, the extra cable length makes things an awful lot easier. A couple of times I've found the charge point parking space blocked by another car (not an EV) and the long cable has allowed me to park in another space and still plug in OK.

One of the most useful extras I've bought (not for the Tesla, but it will work just as well with it) is a 10m long 32 A Type 2 cable, complete with a storage bag. If you intend to destination charge in hotels or other places that have socketed charge points, the extra cable length makes things an awful lot easier. A couple of times I've found the charge point parking space blocked by another car (not an EV) and the long cable has allowed me to park in another space and still plug in OK.
Would you mind sharing a link?

Moderator comment - thread merged from "Charging cables"

Hey can anyone help me on this......

Buying a Rolec 7.2kW 32A double charger for work. Apparently its a type2 to type2 connection. Any idea what cables the model 3 comes with?? Do i need to buy a type2 or does it come with that ??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for that. Didn’t want to drive it back here and realise i am buggered !

Check your car that you receive the Type 2 cable and also, separately, the "UMC" that comes with the 13 amp plug adapter and the 16 amp commando adapter (you can also buy a 32 amp connector if you need/want one). If any of that is missing then make sure they get it for you. Most people have no problem but occasionally it has been known for some bits to disappear before delivery!

Check your car that you receive the Type 2 cable and also, separately, the "UMC" that comes with the 13 amp plug adapter and the 16 amp commando adapter (you can also buy a 32 amp connector if you need/want one). If any of that is missing then make sure they get it for you. Most people have no problem but occasionally it has been known for some bits to disappear before delivery!

16A Commando adapter is no longer free with the car. :(
I believe they are available for around £30 from service centres

I'd second that. I didn't have the cable with my car, asked the guy about it and he went off and brought me one. Very glad that I watched a "checklist" video. Other than that, the car (and delivery) was spotless. And loving the car. :)

Reactions: John_L