Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Model 3 today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After finding out that my trunk gasket wasn't seated correctly, had to pull the gasket off, then put it back with the flange out, I started inspecting some of the other gaskets around my car, in particular the ones around the windows, since mine never seemed seated correctly.

IMG_30031.jpg
These don't seem like they press against the glass all that well, especially since they're in the airstream.
IMG_30052.jpg

IMG_30073.jpg

Another view of how the gasket doesn't seem to press against the window, and may allow air and water to force its way in, or source of buffeting noise.

So, I thought I'd pull it out and see if maybe it wasn't seated right, just like my trunk gasket.
IMG_30364.jpg

So, that's what it looks like when pulled out. It covers the leading edge of the glass. If there's air or water intrusion, this should stop it. If there's wind buffeting, this should stop that. I did this on all 4 windows.

Of course, it's totally subjective, but I think it actually helps with sound from wind noise. Think about it, the gasket on the front windows are in the b-pillar right by your ear! It's probably mostly placebo, but I'm happy to have done it.

Installed the full carbon fiber console replacement from ShadowCraft (difficult DIY install) and mudguards.

View attachment 443572
View attachment 443571
View attachment 443570
View attachment 443569
View attachment 443574
View attachment 443575
View attachment 443576

Does the RFID card reader work with the carbon console? If not, how do you add/delete cards/keys?

THE RPM Tesla console will block the RFID and they state just to use the reader on the B Pillar but never answered about adding or deleting cards.

Does the RFID card reader work with the carbon console? If not, how do you add/delete cards/keys?

THE RPM Tesla console will block the RFID and they state just to use the reader on the B Pillar but never answered about adding or deleting cards.

No the RFID does not work with the console, which is the same with the RPM Tesla console cover. I did confirm that when adding new keys, when it asks you to swipe on the console, it works if you swipe on the B pillar instead.

The RFID is not a big deal to me since I use my phone 100% of the time, and the key only for valet. I give them a heads up that the console doesn't work and they need to swipe the B pillar.

• Informative
Reactions: TT97
Had mine detailed. One bit of advice, if you get a personal phone call and you have Bluetooth enabled and still connected to your car, apparently your conversations can still be heard in your car. A bit embarrassing but also a bit of a chuckle as the detailers got a laugh out of my phone call with my Doctor. Fortunately it was one of those phone calls where the topic was light hearted.

• Informative
Reactions: Clooger
No the RFID does not work with the console, which is the same with the RPM Tesla console cover. I did confirm that when adding new keys, when it asks you to swipe on the console, it works if you swipe on the B pillar instead.

The RFID is not a big deal to me since I use my phone 100% of the time, and the key only for valet. I give them a heads up that the console doesn't work and they need to swipe the B pillar.

Thanks. I like the carbon console but was concerned about adding/deleting cards (which is the only time I use the center console as well). Good to know the pillar works the same as the center console.

Took me a while to take some photos but installed a customer ambient lighting system throughout the car. Its controlled through an app on your phone.

View attachment 444508 View attachment 444509 View attachment 444510 View attachment 444511 View attachment 444512 View attachment 444513 View attachment 444514
This is awesome- is it all controllable via "Ambient Lights" button on the screen or only through the app?

Found another post of yours where confirmed it was XKGlow - do you know what kit was used exactly? Found this: xkglow.com/catalog/product/car-truck/led-fiber-optic-kits-for-cars-xkchrome-smartphone-app/

Last edited:
You left out the best part - it will only set you back $599-699 for the plates plus $7-8 monthly service fee (different articles quoted different prices). If DMVs are serious about these - they will need to do something about the prices.
If keying cars weren’t enough wait till the little darlings start plate punching