Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you think of the uberturbine wheels on the M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m waiting for my M3P delivery and want to know if anyone has strong opinions about the uberturbine wheels. They look pretty cool in my opinion but I’m not sure if I’ll keep them.
I personally love the look of them, but I would not like the loss in efficiency, higher likelihood of damaging wheel or tire with potholes, or the higher expense and less choices of tires.

I took mine off as soon as I got home from the dealer. Sold them on here a few days later. I upgraded to good looking wheels :)

Winter and summer wheels

cxqc6e3jek971.jpg

Really like the way they look but as others have said I am concerned about pot holes and also they damage really easy so have to be really careful by curbs. I really like the look so I will be keeping mine. I will be getting the certificates for the tires from Discount tire the day I take delivery though.

Reactions: MichaelStad
Facts:
They DO damage easily. That isn't the wheels natural color so the top layer can start to chip away after damage.
Tires DO look stretched and basically ARE stretched. I wouldn't track on 20" Ubers (mine came with Pirelli PZero's).
Lip protecting the wheel does NOT protect it at all, I curbed both front wheels in the first 2 weeks.
They are heavy.

2021 M3P
Ren