Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you think of the uberturbine wheels on the M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A much less expensive alternative to consider is Rimetrix's Orbitals - replacement for the Aerowheel covers. They have a bit of an uberturbine look. I've got some on order (which ship much sooner than the 5 weeks the site claims, btw). Of course, they also probably damage pretty easily. But they're much less expensive to replace, also.

Kim Java did a review of them on YouTube:

IMHO they look nice but will easily be damaged in some situation... One was damaged by rock-sized gravel on the road and the other dented at the car wash (rails on the floor). If you mainly drive highways or have nice roads where you live, you'll like them. Otherwise, swap them.

I tried my best babying them but failed miserably ^^

IMG_4127.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG

IMHO they look nice but will easily be damaged in some situation... One was damaged by rock-sized gravel on the road and the other dented at the car wash (rails on the floor). If you mainly drive highways or have nice roads where you live, you'll like them. Otherwise, swap them.

I tried my best babying them but failed miserably ^^

View attachment 689244View attachment 689245
Did you end up having to replace that tire with the gash in it? Getting the certificates from Discount Tire day one for mine...

I've had my M3P for about a month and have not received any negative comments toward them. I've actually had people complement them. I honestly like the look, and that's really all that matters. I do plan on swapping them out during the winter months due to the low sidewall and pothole midwest.

Did you end up having to replace that tire with the gash in it? Getting the certificates from Discount Tire day one for mine...
Not yet, even though I should (for obvious safety reasons). I will have the wheels repaired and sell them.
I'll swap them with 19" with a bit more sidewall.

i'll sure miss the look but not the stress driving them 😄

Facts:
They DO damage easily. That isn't the wheels natural color so the top layer can start to chip away after damage.
Tires DO look stretched and basically ARE stretched. I wouldn't track on 20" Ubers (mine came with Pirelli PZero's).
Lip protecting the wheel does NOT protect it at all, I curbed both front wheels in the first 2 weeks.
They are heavy.

2021 M3P
Ren

I personally swapped out the stock 19s on my M3P and track with 18/9.5J/+35 wheels. I don't think I can ever go back to 19s after using 18 inchers. They are simply just very light and gives a lot of performance advantages vs the 19/20 inch counterparts.