Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds like you first rodeo. I was around for the Model S launch. and yes your in a completely different launch window. This thread has nothing to do with Canada. I bet china will get there's before you.

I am certainly not new to the rodeo. However, a lot of things have changed. and the most important thing being that TESLA has already gone through the process of homologation in different parts of the world for one car the S. This is what held up the launch of the Model S in the different parts of the world and for Europe that was about a year. I suspect they have done some of this homework and gotten the homologations underway already or soon. So to design studio could go live for other parts of the world earlier than the last time and give sig. holders more of a sig holder feeling even outside of the US.

I remember the last time around I was not sig. holder but roadster pref. and late to the game and all and I got my car in early august 2013..... this was at the same time as the deliveries for sigs. were just starting in norway and switzerland...... so i literally got a production car before almost any of the sigs had been delivered...... there were a lot of unhappy sig. customers in EU because of this. So hopefully anyway TESLA learnt a lesson and will try to deliver sigs. really before productions, and fairly soon after the Sigs in the US.

This should all be possible due to previous experience. And I still think I'll have my Sig. around the Geneva auto show, perfect timing to do the EU introduction and the first deliveries.... :) (heard it here first!)

I am certainly not new to the rodeo. However, a lot of things have changed. and the most important thing being that TESLA has already gone through the process of homologation in different parts of the world for one car the S. This is what held up the launch of the Model S in the different parts of the world and for Europe that was about a year. I suspect they have done some of this homework and gotten the homologations underway already or soon. So to design studio could go live for other parts of the world earlier than the last time and give sig. holders more of a sig holder feeling even outside of the US.

I remember the last time around I was not sig. holder but roadster pref. and late to the game and all and I got my car in early august 2013..... this was at the same time as the deliveries for sigs. were just starting in norway and switzerland...... so i literally got a production car before almost any of the sigs had been delivered...... there were a lot of unhappy sig. customers in EU because of this. So hopefully anyway TESLA learnt a lesson and will try to deliver sigs. really before productions, and fairly soon after the Sigs in the US.

This should all be possible due to previous experience. And I still think I'll have my Sig. around the Geneva auto show, perfect timing to do the EU introduction and the first deliveries.... :) (heard it here first!)

I agree that many Sig holders outside the U.S. will receive their vehicles sooner in relationship to US Dig holders than before. However, if TZm is trying to hit a guidance number this year then TM will push out Cali/local production builds late in Q4 versus moving from US Sigs to worldwide ones.

I agree that many Sig holders outside the U.S. will receive their vehicles sooner in relationship to US Dig holders than before. However, if TZm is trying to hit a guidance number this year then TM will push out Cali/local production builds late in Q4 versus moving from US Sigs to worldwide ones.

As far as I understand guidance calls they are for total production and not for the US alone...... or am I wrong? But if I am right then there would be no difference if the cars go state side or internationally......... or? But if your hypothesis is right then that production needs to be out before end 2015 so that still means configuration for non US sigs. before the end of year... probably end october/beginning of november and first EU sig. deliveries around march or ..... the geneva motor show :)

As far as I understand guidance calls they are for total production and not for the US alone...... or am I wrong? But if I am right then there would be no difference if the cars go state side or internationally......... or? But if your hypothesis is right then that production needs to be out before end 2015 so that still means configuration for non US sigs. before the end of year... probably end october/beginning of november and first EU sig. deliveries around march or ..... the geneva motor show :)

Guidance is on 'deliveries', not production; cars on a container ship are not 'delivered'. AlMc is right that it would make business sense to prioritize local deliveries if there's a crunch towards year end. That said, there's all sorts of reasons why someone may prefer to take delivery prior to year-end or after year-end but the truth is that very few people are going to cancel because their car comes 2-3 weeks later than would have been ideal.

I could see Tesla shipping cars via truck rather than train in NA as they get closer to the end of the year to optimize speed of deliveries. Factory to east coast used to take 5 days. By train with multiple stops it's closer to 3 weeks. Only downside is it will be winter and historically they have used open trucks and the cars will get subjected to the elements.

I could see Tesla shipping cars via truck rather than train in NA as they get closer to the end of the year to optimize speed of deliveries. Factory to east coast used to take 5 days. By train with multiple stops it's closer to 3 weeks. Only downside is it will be winter and historically they have used open trucks and the cars will get subjected to the elements.

Totally agree. IMO, TM will do what it takes delivery method wise and proximity to Fremont factory to make guidance. It would probably bode well if they shot for all US (or NA...for Paul:wink:) Sigs to be delivered before production Xs start by Dec 31, 2015. Avoid what happened with the S where many Sig holders on the S got their cars after Production reservation holders....I was not part of the forum then but have been told it was not pretty.

Welp, one of us is right & one of us is wrong.

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting XP268 (Non-Sig) before you.