Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your favorite Model S color?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa, not sure why Green's getting beat up a bit here :)

Rehashing a post from sometime ago:

Looks like we are all not making it any easier for you, Tslagrl :)

I'm in a real minority here but, I'd say Go Green! When dirty, it's not as obviously so as the Black or the semi-Black-masquerading-as-Blue. Green is very rare too even in the Model S-soaked SF Bay Area for example.

My car's received innumerable compliments on how elegant and classy a color it is (a la a tasteful Lexus or Aston Martin or Jaguar Green) for a car with these proportions and lines.

As for other colors, having seen all of them up close several times over, the multi-red looks really sharp but, it can be very divisive - I've heard some folks remark that it's not an 'appropriate' color for again, a car of these proportions.

White looks super-sharp and shows the car's lines beautifully but, I don't know how much of a pain it may be to maintain.

Personally, I'd not go near silver; it's as drab as they come.

Gray can be bland too unless you pair it with the dark wheels.

Blue appears to be the most popular color with the Model S but, as I hinted above, in my opinion, it lacks a bit of character and is pretty much black in most lighting situations.

I'd never get a Black car again after fighting hard to keep my black '99 VW Passat clean for 5 years.

I am with you GG, though of course we are biased! I am driving a silver loaner this weekend, and it is elegant but drab next to my Sequoia Green. I was with every other color over at the Macedonia ribbon cutting, and I wouldn't trade for any other color. Though Sig Red and Grey would be my top two choices, if I had to pick another.

The brown is gorgeous, especially in the sun. The Model X reservation on the MyTesla dashboard looks fantastic next to my green Model S...hmmmm....
My sentiments, exactly.

gava4ata.jpg

I've mostly had black cars. But with the Model S I started with the blue, then often in pictures couldn't distinguish it from black. Changed to green, but same problem. Finally settled on the grey because in different lights it looks different colours - sometimes blueish, sometimes silver, under trees it even picks up some green. It's a rich grey, and that along with the changing look is what I like about it.

Last edited:
There are only four "colors": red, blue, brown, and green. Everything else is somewhere on the white-gray-black scale, like a vast majority of cars on the road today.

While I love the Sig Red, the MC Red is a trifle gaudy on such a large car, IMO.

If the brown were richer, like @roblab's custom brown, I'd be a fan, but I'm not.

The blue is stunning in full sun.

I love my green, and like Jake get frequent compliments on the color.

In any case, I'd encourage you to get a *color*!

I was in doubt al the way until delivery.

To my taste, all the colours were just a little outside of that wich I would have liked. And I didn't want a black one again after my last two cars were black. Here in Holland/Germany everything is Black, White or Silver. I didn't want "safe".

So I wanted a colour, but I decided that it should be a dark one. It makes the car visually a bit smaller, has a nice contrast with the chrome, doesn't stand out all that much and looks classy. And I'm not a fan of these "HELLO, HERE I AM"-colours. My wife didn't like blue. I was tempted by Dark Grey.

For us it came out Green. Brown was also a favourite, but it was too light to my eyes and clashed with the Volvo XC70 from my wife. What I perticulary like is the way the Sequoia Green blends with the green glass from the windows and then this light alcantara behind it. What I don't like is this green in bright sunlight. It takes on a little blue. Not my tatste. It is stunning in shadows etc. A 70's Dark Avocado Metallic would have been just right. But its not the 70's anymore (alas, would have been nice to bring back '72.. :smile: Or '74..) and we have to move on with some modern colours. Its a utterly modern car after all..

I'm trying to share my colour-picking-proces, but it was the most difficult choice I had to make ordering the car. Glad its all over and I was really happy as I saw the car for the first time.

Good luck..

Agree that the blue gets mistaken as black a lot... and oddly the blue actually stands out more on an overcast day than full sun.

I also agree that the brown is underappreciated...I actually considered it, but wasn't able to view even the samples in person before ordering so had to just take a leap of faith. Actually, I hadn't seen the CAR in person before I ordered.

The dark colors aren't as bad to keep clean if you have a good coating applied! At least, not here in FL. I die a little inside each time sometime here posts a pic of their car covered in road salt.

I die a little inside each time sometime here posts a pic of their car covered in road salt.

I know what you mean, Btrflyl8e! This happens to me whenever I see my own car covered in road salt. And then I get out my cleaning gear and restore it to showroom shine in the cold garage. I should move somewhere that doesn't have this problem!

The Silver loaner I have this weekend is REALLY good at hiding road dust and salt. From a practical perspective, this is reason enough to go with Silver. Especially if you have clean car OCD!

Of the colors available I picked and am quite happy with the green. It's a subtle but often really cool looking paint. Almost black in less light, a very eye catching deep green in bright light. I coupled it with the grey interior and 19" wheels. Classy look all around.

I've seen all the colors up close on real world cars now and of the other options I quite like the Pearl White, even though I would never own a white car :biggrin:

Can someone who has a Pearl White Model S please submit some photos of the exterior and also the interior for me. I think I want to switch my order from White to Pearl White. The problem I would encounter is: we would have to change the interior from gray to black without the red border. My wife does not like the tan interior because it looks worn as it gets older. We experienced this in our last S550 and was very disappointed. We currently have an Escalade EXT which is Diamond White (Pearl White) with Black (graphite) interior and it looks great.

Any help would be appreciated,

Phil