Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LR RWD 4/18 build replaced 2 cars, a BMW 2014 535d that had come off of a lease in 2017 and a 2013 VW Passat TDI, I let my wife drive my VW for 9 months while I drove my work truck and we got used to sharing a car so we just got one of the two reservations we had, I really wanted a second model 3 but in the end we decided one was enough, judging by the 25k miles in the first year you wouldn't know but we make it work, on the plus side I don't put hardly any miles on my work truck.

Sold my modded 6spd 335i and got the p3d+

6B1B8236-4307-44C8-9FF9-3C44B595ADA2.jpeg
30C6C986-BBBC-4D83-9D61-2D116D22DE0E.jpeg

2013 Kia Rio. Seriously. I drive so much I never wanted to spend money on a car after owning a couple nice ones when I first graduated. They were unreliable and cost a ton to drive. So I spent 15 years with cheapest thing I could get with the best warranty cause after four years I’d driven it to death. When the model 3 was unveiled back in 2016 I thought ‘now there’s a car I’d spend money on’ and deposited straight away. Never looked back and although I already have almost 32k miles in a year on it, I’m glad I did. Thrilled really. Love that car and it was worth finally spending some money on a car. No test drive coming from a Kia was no worry to me.

I traded in my daily driver WRX with almost 70,000 miles on it. This is one of the photos I sent to Tesla for trade in value, which beat CarMax by a decent amount.

My wife requires AWD vehicles. It was a decent car but direct fuel injection IMHO results in fouled valves so I wanted a different car. I went from Shell premium to cheap electric. I drive over 15,000 miles a year and according to TesliFi I used $40 of electricity over the past month. Amazingly cheaper to run!

IMG_3121.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg

Last edited: