Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of changes or improvements do you hope...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of changes or improvements do you hope come to the model 3 in the near future? I'll list 3 of mine.

1. Chrome deleted trim. Model Y seems to come this way by default so I somewhat expect that they will actually change this sometime in the near future. Hopefully in 2020.

2. Better wind and road noise isolation. It is somewhat well known these model 3's are rather poor at dealing with wind noise. Makes sense when you realize how loud the door shuts and what not. Even a Toyota Corolla is probably twice as good at dealing with these things with their door seals and what not. I figure an upgrade like this shouldn't cost Tesla much in the long run and is definitely a worthy update. I hear the most recent models are a bit better but I've yet to confirm myself.

3. Option for 18" wheels with performance motor. AKA 'stealth' there are many reasons to desire this configuration. You get the 3.2 0-60 without the 20" wheels and all the other upgrades, which you might not even want!

I know I don't want 20" wheels. They deal with bumps and such poorly. Come with tires you can use in winter and with shorter tread life. Bigger brakes to make reducing the wheel size way harder (thankfully a couple third party companies make an 18 that does fit)

And you can, I believe, have that speed upgrade for only 2-3k more than the regular AWD. As opposed to the 7k or so.

Really hope these things come to fruition again.

Also, I know you can get a stealth performance but it isn't one you can order. You have to wait and keep an eye on inventory and maybe you'll get lucky enough to buy one in the configuration you want but I hope they offer this as something you can order like the rest of the configurations.

What do you want to see? I want to know.

2. My 2020 is by far quieter than my 2019 - especially the door window seals.

I would like to see the frunk mat and hooks come back as standard/included when new, as well as OE tires that are wider and not stretched on the wheels as to assist with potential wheel edge damage. More durable exterior paint is also welcomed.

Reactions: Drax
..that Tesla soon see's themselves as an "established" Car Manufacturer and stop this RIDICULOUS end of quarter Sugar Show. Cali Orders from Late September not being filled until December!?!? 8+ weeks after placing an order which stated a 2 week wait.

If they refuse to improve their delivery "process" then have a set way for updates while people are impatiently waiting(see all the Waiting room Forums here on the site)

2. My 2020 is by far quieter than my 2019 - especially the door window seals.

I would like to see the frunk mat and hooks come back as standard/included when new, as well as OE tires that are wider and not stretched on the wheels as to assist with potential wheel edge damage. More durable exterior paint is also welcomed.

That is awesome to know of your confirmation on the sound dampening/isolation. Very good to hear and I'm excited to check ou thte 2020 models in person sometime soon when they become the test drive standard. Should be now or just a few weeks until that is the case. Does the door shut more quietly? It is SO loud on the 3's I see out there.

4. Harder clear coat. I've got 3 chips in the paint after 10k miles/ 1 year. :(

5. Heated steering wheel. I just look silly wearing gloves while driving.

6. Bioweapon Defense Mode. Perhaps that's inline with point 2 regarding noise isolation, but additionally to handle my allergies.

Ha!

Good point on number 4. I wonder when people can confirm something like more durable paint jobs. Is it chipping in places it shouldn't? I think there is some info out there about a lof of the body being exposed to some stuff the wheels might fling up in a way that many cars might not, hence why some suggest getting those mud flaps. Which actually look super clean and aren't really flaps at all...

Reactions: Dre78
..that Tesla soon see's themselves as an "established" Car Manufacturer and stop this RIDICULOUS end of quarter Sugar Show. Cali Orders from Late September not being filled until December!?!? 8+ weeks after placing an order which stated a 2 week wait.

If they refuse to improve their delivery "process" then have a set way for updates while people are impatiently waiting(see all the Waiting room Forums here on the site)

That is fair. I guess they are a growing company with ridiculous demand and value of what they are offering. Building factories to keep up with demand and continually getting more and more hyped up. I think this sort of thing will level out. I think the demand from before could be much more easily answered now, however, there is more demand now than then.

I'm sure the new gigafactories will make these deadlines more realistic.

That is awesome to know of your confirmation on the sound dampening/isolation. Very good to hear and I'm excited to check ou thte 2020 models in person sometime soon when they become the test drive standard. Should be now or just a few weeks until that is the case. Does the door shut more quietly? It is SO loud on the 3's I see out there.
I have an 6/18 LR RWD and would LOVE to know what noise improvements have been made to the MY2020 as that is my biggest issue with my car.

I've added roof rubber molding, door rubber molding and trunk liners but they have not improved road or wind noise very much.

@XLR82XS Seeing as you have both 2019 and 2020 models, would you please tear each of them apart to compare what noise reduction measures have been improved for the good of the community ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78
I want to see a real Performance trim package...

1. better bolster race seats
2. carbon fiber accents inside and out
3. aggressive front/rear bumpers

Nice! I like that. Differentiate it even more but in a way that is even more race like. I guess it's nice to have some dope after market options but seats would be great.

I think this and adding stealth would be amazing. Expands reach and if more satisfying to a deeper and more specific audience.

1) Better noise isolation. Probably the biggest issue for me is how loud it is at highway speeds.

2) HUD. Not a huge deal glancing to the right, but the HUD in my BMW was nice

3) MORE POWER! Faster is always better.

Ever try some of the after market answers to deal with the noise? Just curious. If so, lemme know what and how it worked if you can.

And I really like your other idea! Hud or some center like screen for some minimalist S style dash would be sick. Delegating some screen to another screen would be awesome. I like the screen setup in the S a lot. Hopefully something like that can be implemented. Maybe that with an additional way of navigating around on the simple menu screen of the model 3 built in to the steering wheel.

Fiat actually had nice buttons behind the steering wheel that I think is worthy of notice.

Oh, more enjoyable panoramic roof would be great on the 3.