Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of windshield washer fluid does Model 3 Use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a mobile service done in my garage because the driver side washer does not squirt fluid. Service tech pressed the stick a few times and quickly diagnosed the assembly folk did not connect the fluid hose. Push it in and it worked immediately. Easy fix. However, after I backed out the car, I have several puddle of blue liquid on my light color epoxy coated floor and it won't come off. Normally people do not activate windshield washer in their garage but in this case, I was wondering what to use to get rid of the stain.

Not that it's worth everyone's time, but I just make my own out of alcohol, water, and Dr. Bronners. Recipes online. Works super well and seems gentle enough on finishes.

Disclaimer: have not tried this yet in the Model 3 system...

He's not asking for a refill--he wants to know how to get the stain off of his garage floor.

The title and then the body of the post conflict. It’s only washer fluid. Again, Tesla isn’t using some super high grade stuff. I’ll admit it’s got a lot of blue dye in it but it’s still only washer fluid. Grab a can of brake cleaner if it’s really not coming up but water and a sponge should get rid of it.

I had a mobile service done in my garage because the driver side washer does not squirt fluid. Service tech pressed the stick a few times and quickly diagnosed the assembly folk did not connect the fluid hose. Push it in and it worked immediately. Easy fix. However, after I backed out the car, I have several puddle of blue liquid on my light color epoxy coated floor and it won't come off. Normally people do not activate windshield washer in their garage but in this case, I was wondering what to use to get rid of the stain.
Tesla has to pay to repair your floor as Tesla did not take all reasonable care to protect your garage floor while working on your Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and Matsayz
I noticed that Tesla uses the same type of windshield wiper fluid as Mercedes.

It is super effective at cleaning road grime off windshields, but had a thick blue tint that needs to be manually wiped off A pillars and other painted areas of your car.

Much stronger stuff than the watery stuff available at auto stores.

Mercedes sells it as an ultra strong additive that needs to be diluted with lots of water when refilling.
KInda one ounce to 2 quarts.

I noticed that Tesla uses the same type of windshield wiper fluid as Mercedes.

It is super effective at cleaning road grime off windshields, but had a thick blue tint that needs to be manually wiped off A pillars and other painted areas of your car.

Much stronger stuff than the watery stuff available at auto stores.

Mercedes sells it as an ultra strong additive that needs to be diluted with lots of water when refilling.
KInda one ounce to 2 quarts.
It was so strong, they sometimes poured it into the urea tanks of their "blue" diesels, undiluted! ;)

LOL. I got you guys to read my post, didn't I? Two points in the contents. Tesla left a windshield washer hose unconnected and delivered the car. They use high stain washer and that dripped on my garage floor that won't remove. Btw, don't you guys have been things to do but to argue about the title or a posting and tried to split hair?

LOL. I got you guys to read my post, didn't I?

Two points:
  • Did it get the right people to read the post? Perhaps an expert on removing stains hasn't read this thread because s/he thought the post was asking for recommendations of what sort of wiper fluid to use, and this hypothetical expert isn't interested in that subject.
  • When a forum's posts have misleading titles, that makes the forum less usable for everybody, which can drive away participants. Your title isn't all that bad, but properly titling threads helps make the forum useful.

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J and Matsayz

Just use some vinegar mixed warm (a bit hot is fine too) water & a rag to clean up the mess on your epoxied garage floor. If it too doesn't work, then sorry to say, but you'll just need to live with it... after all it's just a garage floor & it's going to experience such spills.