Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What motor does your 2023 Model Y have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also looked up the 4680’s and they seem to be also coming with 4d1’s. Also lists the battery pack as 4680 rwd. Very interesting.
Mmm Again, it could be consolidation of the motors and then just change the software limiting depending on which Model of Y is being built /paid for.
It is interesting that MYLRs seem to have been built with the 4D1 in general before the P models. I guess if the 980 costs more to build with the rare earth metals and was the Performance motor- maybe that is reason enough to use them up first?

So far no complaints with the 3D1 and 2170 pack. Happy with the acceleration of the Performance model.
Funny, don't know whether to be happy or disappointed with the motor my car came with.

Not sure I follow what you’re saying here…you believe the MYAWD is coming with 4D1’s or that MY’s with 4D1 motor also has 4680’s? If the later then I seriously doubt that.
I think @gaabbee is looking at bad info or misinterpreting the info. For one thing, Tesla currently doesn't make RWD MYs, they are all AWD.

My MYP has a 11/2022 build with 4D1 so that throws off that theory.

Looked at a couple of MYPs listed on that site... of the first three that popped up, two were 3d1s that were just listed today. So, that theory goes even further off.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Cyb_ and JezzaE
3D5 on LR Y picked 2 weeks ago. Vin 7SAYGDEE1PFxxxxx

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 151
I think @gaabbee is looking at bad info or misinterpreting the info. For one thing, Tesla currently doesn't make RWD MYs, they are all AWD.

Looked at a couple of MYPs listed on that site... of the first three that popped up, two were 3d1s that were just listed today. So, that theory goes even further off.
Not sure you are looking at the info correctly. Tesla has listed the myawd battery pack as “4680 rwd” take that how ever you want but that’s what it’s coded as in the build sheet. Again battery pack code not drive configuration.

Second is I am using a discord group that tracks all newly listed teslas. It sends me the vin and link to the build sheet off that site. Not sure what first couple of myp’s you looked at but all myp’s that went listed for sale from april1 to April 8 are coming with 4d1’s. All have gate dates in april.

It seems like they were mixing 4d1 and 3d1 from late last year until this month. Now all myp are coming with the 4d1. Mylr still has 3d5 unless austin builds which have 4d1 mixed in as well. No 4d5 yet. The latest batch that came out today for 4680 cars have 3d5’s. I can also see the ms and mx with hw4 and phenix radar listed.

Reactions: JezzaE

if talking international sales- doesn't Australia import a lot of rear drive Model Y's

Not sure you are looking at the info correctly. Tesla has listed the myawd battery pack as “4680 rwd” take that how ever you want but that’s what it’s coded as in the build sheet. Again battery pack code not drive configuration.

Second is I am using a discord group that tracks all newly listed teslas. It sends me the vin and link to the build sheet off that site. Not sure what first couple of myp’s you looked at but all myp’s that went listed for sale from april1 to April 8 are coming with 4d1’s. All have gate dates in april.

It seems like they were mixing 4d1 and 3d1 from late last year until this month. Now all myp are coming with the 4d1. Mylr still has 3d5 unless austin builds which have 4d1 mixed in as well. No 4d5 yet. The latest batch that came out today for 4680 cars have 3d5’s. I can also see the ms and mx with hw4 and phenix radar listed.

Anyway, I'll be honest. I'm not interested in talking to you. So, I'll leave it with this post.

if talking international sales- doesn't Australia import a lot of rear drive Model Y's
I forgot about international sales. But at the same time, I don't recall 4680 batteries outside of the US, so that got me too focused in US listing. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
How do you get a build sheet with the battery pack and actual motors listed?
Tesla-info.com

Here is a myawd listed today. Scroll down to the big block of text and you will see the manufacturers code list. “4680 Austin RWD Battery” and Rear Motor - 3D5 - 600A are the things I’m looking at.

Reactions: Cyb_
Tesla-info.com

Here is a myawd listed today. Scroll down to the big block of text and you will see the manufacturers code list. “4680 Austin RWD Battery” and Rear Motor - 3D5 - 600A are the things I’m looking at.
Where exactly on the Tesla-info.com site is this info?

I was referring to looking up the info on my specific vehicle…I’d like to see what’s listed on it.
If it’s too far back they won’t have it. I think the data base only stays for a month or two. I tried looking up a friends order in January but it was gone. My discord group has them in order, if you give me the build date and location I can try to look back if it’s close.