Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla options bought in fall 2019 probably did higher returns
I'm sure. I started with 15k and is at almost a million. While holding much stock and trading in/out of options.

Don't think too many people bought tsla calls for $50k that far out of the money though. Even if anyone had there were many people bullish on Tesla even while it was not doing so well. This guy was possibly the ONLY one who saw this company coming back. And he did DD and published it. There are threads from when he bought those calls and he was obliterated by the same subreddit that now sees him as their king. Absolutely no one though it was a good idea to put any money into it at the time.

So yeah. He could have just bought tsla. But the way this has played out has been extremely entertaining.

I'm sure. I started with 15k and is at almost a million. While holding much stock and trading in/out of options.

Don't think too many people bought tsla calls for $50k that far out of the money though. Even if anyone had there were many people bullish on Tesla even while it was not doing so well. This guy was possibly the ONLY one who saw this company coming back. And he did DD and published it. There are threads from when he bought those calls and he was obliterated by the same subreddit that now sees him as their king. Absolutely no one though it was a good idea to put any money into it at the time.

So yeah. He could have just bought tsla. But the way this has played out has been extremely entertaining.

And do remember that TSLA stock didn't go anywhere for quite a while. You could easily have been burned buying TSLA calls with the wrong duration during various long periods of time.

Reactions: Nocturnal