Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why exactly are people investing in PLTR?

I understand ARK thinks the company has great growth prospects but how exactly are they different from the zillion other “data and AI” companies out there?

I’m seeing a lot of the TSLA crowd on Twitter also open positions in PLTR so not sure if this purely a momentum play. Valuation is rich too.

As part of my research I found this in depth research on PLTR. It’s a good read.

Palantir Technologies: Ignore Gotham City and Focus on Foundry’s Untapped Potential

Could be. I've freed up a good bit of margin lately, might need to put in a low limit order for CCIVWS.

I put one in too; right after the Friday afternoon bear raid, but I can't help but to think that in the event of something going sideways with the merger - the warrants would go to a theoretical zero, while the stock would be worth $10.

Still holding my CCIV position. Looking forward to next week.

I put one in too; right after the Friday afternoon bear raid, but I can't help but to think that in the event of something going sideways with the merger - the warrants would go to a theoretical zero, while the stock would be worth $10.

The warrants cost $11.50 to exercise. If CCIV is at $10, the warrants have no intrinsic value (maybe some time value). CCIV would have be above $11.50 to make exercising the warrants useful.

Warrants wouldn’t go to zero. It is like a $11.50 LEAP with an expiration in 2025. They would be worth $0.75 at minimum I think if the SP dropped to $10. It’s like if TSLA dropped to $100 - a 2025 $115 LEAP would be worth way more then zero.

The lowest the CCIV warrant ever traded was $0.93. So with some loss of time value, I would expect a floor would be $0.75-0.80 for them.

Ouch. And looking at the charts, it was mainly just the warrants that they raided. The shares had a moderate drop, but nothing like the warrants.
If you look at the Friday chart for CCIV didn’t the large drop happen right around 3:00 pm? Seems to me like Robinhood went through and closed out all the 2/19 call options that were in the money but the kids didn’t have funds to execute. There were a lot of these options

If you look at the Friday chart for CCIV didn’t the large drop happen right around 3:00 pm? Seems to me like Robinhood went through and closed out all the 2/19 call options that were in the money but the kids didn’t have funds to execute. There were a lot of these options

Good observation. Could be, but compare that to CCIVWS, the drop is massively larger.

Ouch. And looking at the charts, it was mainly just the warrants that they raided. The shares had a moderate drop, but nothing like the warrants.

Yeah I wonder why. We had talked about stop losses but I never bothered to put one on and I’m glad now that I didn’t. It is kind of a catch-22 though because I don’t want to have that happen to me but I also don’t want “no deal” news to come out and be left with relatively worthless warrants. I suppose that’s why I sell a little bit as it goes up... it makes me feel better to take some guaranteed profit. I already sold some of my warrants at $40 but holding most for confirmation.

Yeah I wonder why. We had talked about stop losses but I never bothered to put one on and I’m glad now that I didn’t. It is kind of a catch-22 though because I don’t want to have that happen to me but I also don’t want “no deal” news to come out and be left with relatively worthless warrants. I suppose that’s why I sell a little bit as it goes up... it makes me feel better to take some guaranteed profit. I already sold some of my warrants at $40 but holding most for confirmation.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose...ac-merger-agreement-said-to-be-days-away.html

The next chapter of this story may be written this week.

Is is just me, or do all of Cathie Wood's ETFs track the same? Maybe because they're so TSLA heavy? I think TSLA is the major component of ARKK, ARKW and ARKQ, just not Fintech and Genomics. Still, I think she's had some rock star results.

For a fund, she has had rock star results, and the huge inflows into her funds reflect that. I suspect you are right that TSLA swamped ARKK, ARKW and ARKQ and ARKF and ARKG didn't rise as much because they didn't have TSLA. TSLA's 18 month rise was very unusual, and won't be repeated again in the near future for such a large company. It was obvious to all of us how valuable a company it was, but it took a confluence of events for the rest of the world to see it.

That's why investing is so fun. If you do a lot of due diligence, you can spot companies that you just know are undervalued.

Reactions: ZeApelido