Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just some friendly advice. Your tone when replying to these legitimate questions is NOT conducive to making friends and winning people over. #4 above is particularly bad.

BTW, I asked for the PPM yesterday, haven't heard anything yet.

If you can answer this question without sneering, that'd be great: Why was it a dietary supplement and then not?

Legitimate questions are welcome. Questions and insinuations that ignore what I said irritate me a bit.

Regarding your legitimate question: Dr Haley briefly sold Emeramide as an antioxidant dietary supplement (then called OSR) after a FDA consultant told him he could do so if he didn't make medical claims. Haley chose to do this because he knew how safe and beneficial the compound is and wanted to make it available ASAP. Then someone complained to the FDA that other people (not Haley) claimed OSR cured their children's autism (which it did). FDA then demanded Haley stop selling it, which he promptly did and began the long and expensive process of seeking market approval as a drug. He tells the story here:

I don't know why you haven't received the PPM yet. You could try emailing the CFO, Mr Laurent Borla at: [email protected]

Edit: The video I posted first didn't start at the story. Now it does.

Last edited:
...If this medication does pan out, it would be a game-changer. But like you, I want to see that proof before dropping some coin on them.

Here is a start:

• Clarke D, Buchanan R, Gupta NN, and Haley BE. Amelioration of Acute Mercury Toxicity by a Novel, Non-Toxic Lipid Soluble Chelator: Effect on Animal Health, Mercury Excretion and Organ Accumulation in Adult Rats. Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, 2012 V94 #3 616-64

• Secor, JD, Kotha SR, Gurney TO, Patel RB, Kefauver NR, Gupta NN, Morris AJ, Haley BE, Parinandi NL. Novel lipid-soluble thiol-redox anti-oxidant and heavy metal chelator, N,N’-bis(2-mercaptoethyl)isophthalamide (emeramide) and phospholipase D-specific inhibitor, 5-fluoro-2-indolyl des-chlorohalopemide (FIPI) attenuate mercury induced lipid signalling leading to protection against cytotoxicity in aortic endothelial cells. International Journal of Toxicology, December 2011 vol. 30 no. 6 619-638

• Patel, RB, Kotha SR, Sauers, LA, Malireddy, S, Gurney, TO, Gupta, NN, Elton, TS, Magalang, UJ, Marsh CB, Haley, BE, Parinandi, NL. Thiol-redox anti-oxidants protect against lung vascular endothelial cytoskeletal alterations caused by pulmonary fibrosis inducer, bleomycin: Comparison between classical thiol protectant, N-acetyl-L- cysteine (NAC) and novel thiol anti-oxidant, N,N'-bis(2-mercaptoethyl)isophthalamide (emeramide). Toxicol Mech Methods, 2012 Mar 13

• Aarti V, “Mercury induces tight junction alterations and para-cellular transport in colon epithelial cells through oxidative stress and thiol-redox dysregulation – Protection by novel lipid-soluble thiol anti-oxidant and heavy metal chelator, N,N’-bis(2- mercaptoethyl)isophthalamide (emeramide)”, Honours Research Thesis Presented in Partial Fulfilment of the Requirements for graduation “with Honours Research Distinction in Microbiology” in the College of Arts and Sciences of The Ohio State University. Doctoral dissertation, May 2014

The chemical name for Emeramide (aka OSR) is N,N’-bis(2-mercaptoethyl) isophthalamide, abbreviated NBMI.

Reactions: CLK350
Legitimate questions are welcome. Questions and insinuations that ignore what I said irritate me a bit.

You still aren't getting it. While @MABMAB questions were direct and a little bit incredulous, they were completely justified in my mind since you tout this drug as a bit of a wonder drug. Showing irritation at people you are trying to raise money from doesn't usually work.

I don't know why you haven't received the PPM yet. You could try emailing the CFO, Mr Laurent Borla at: [email protected]

I'll wait to see if my web query on the company's website goes anywhere. Consider it a little test to see if the company has its act together.

• Love
Reactions: bkp_duke
Whoa. Any interest I had in learning more about this suggested investment opportunity just vanished.

Yeah, kinda of a red flag. However I'd give this a pass. Research on causes of autism is still on-going. While genetic aberrations have been found to cause some autisms, a lot of causes are still unknown. It is conceivable that heavy metal poisoning would give rise to autism symptoms.

Yeah, kinda of a red flag. However I'd give this a pass. Research on causes of autism is still on-going. While genetic aberrations have been found to cause some autisms, a lot of causes are still unknown. It is conceivable that heavy metal poisoning would give rise to autism symptoms.

Mercury is one known cause of autism (and Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases) because mercury is a neurotoxin that damages neurons. One mechanism is what I mentioned before: Mercury displaces iron from body proteins, and the free iron generates highly toxic hydroxyl radicals via the Fenton reaction. Another mechanism is shown here:

Dr Haley received reports from hundreds of doctors and grateful parents that OSR helped autistic children. He has said this is one reason why he is passionate about getting Emeramide out to the world, and I believe him.

I have experienced myself how the drug helped my neurological symptoms, which is one reason why I am passionate about it.

• Informative
...While genetic aberrations have been found to cause some autisms...

One genetic aberration that causes increased sensitivity to heavy metals is the ApoE4 gene. Dr Haley explains in the video I posted that this gene builds a transport protection that lacks sulphur, so it can't bind to metals like it should and eliminate them.

But like many genetic mutations, ApoE4 won't cause disease without an environmental trigger, in this case heavy metal exposure. Genetics loads the gun, poisoning pulls the trigger.

• Informative
Mercury is one known cause of autism (and Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases) because mercury is a neurotoxin that damages neurons. One mechanism is what I mentioned before: Mercury displaces iron from body proteins, and the free iron generates highly toxic hydroxyl radicals via the Fenton reaction. Another mechanism is shown here:

Dr Haley received reports from hundreds of doctors and grateful parents that OSR helped autistic children. He has said this is one reason why he is passionate about getting Emeramide out to the world, and I believe him.

I have experienced myself how the drug helped my neurological symptoms, which is one reason why I am passionate about it.

Being passionate about a thing is different than a thing being a good investment.

You seem to have special first hand inside info of what Dr Haley knows or has reports of etc... whereas with public markets all info is subject to rules and regulations. I don't have such information.

As best I can tell, the last time they put forth an open listing of shares, nobody bought. The time before that it was less than $400,000 in sum.

A company offering life saving cures has people knocking down their doors trying to invest. People smarter than me have not done that yet, I am not going to be first. For example, it has been very rare that I bought into an investment that Fidelity has not owned any of yet, and they do not own any of this. Ron Baron does not own any. Cathy Woods does not own any. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has not invested. Lord Abbott growth fund does not own any.

Last time a pitch was so firmly made was in 2014, NNVC. How has the chart done since then. I did my due diligence and could not come up with answers sufficient to invest. I think there was a sublime pump and dump. Such pump and dumps and frauds do exist, and the controls in private companies are even weaker.

Haley and others with the company lives in KY. The company has 5-10 employees while having three offices, no known manufacturing locations, no sales staff, no sales in US, no stage 3 drug trials, no real timeline for approval.

I'll wait to see if my web query on the company's website goes anywhere. Consider it a little test to see if the company has its act together.

I emailed Dr Haley to ask if the website Contact page is working. He just replied that he met with FDA last Friday, and received some changes to their study requirements, so the PPM needs updating before they can send it out again. He said "This being handled and monitored by our SEC lawyer, a Mr. Cater Bacon of Boston, Mass."

And you know how quick lawyers are.

So my timing in posting about the company was not the best.

Being passionate about a thing is different than a thing being a good investment.

You seem to have special first hand inside info of what Dr Haley knows or has reports of etc... whereas with public markets all info is subject to rules and regulations. I don't have such information.

As best I can tell, the last time they put forth an open listing of shares, nobody bought. The time before that it was less than $400,000 in sum.

A company offering life saving cures has people knocking down their doors trying to invest. People smarter than me have not done that yet, I am not going to be first. For example, it has been very rare that I bought into an investment that Fidelity has not owned any of yet, and they do not own any of this. Ron Baron does not own any. Cathy Woods does not own any. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has not invested. Lord Abbott growth fund does not own any.

Last time a pitch was so firmly made was in 2014, NNVC. How has the chart done since then. I did my due diligence and could not come up with answers sufficient to invest. I think there was a sublime pump and dump. Such pump and dumps and frauds do exist, and the controls in private companies are even weaker.

Haley and others with the company lives in KY. The company has 5-10 employees while having three offices, no known manufacturing locations, no sales staff, no sales in US, no stage 3 drug trials, no real timeline for approval.

Unless my memory is failing me, this is the same member that last year during the pandemic was touting, very strongly with a minimum of evidence, that Vitamin C was a preventative or cure for COVID-19.

I had to click on "show ignored content" to see who it was and what they were touting, but there is a reason I have this person on my (short) ignore list.

@Cosmacelf scolds me that I should not show irritation with you, but it's a challenge when trying to respond to this.

My knowledge of the company comes mostly from Dr Haley's public talks on YouTube (one of which I linked), public scientific papers (which I cited), and the PPM (which the company will provide when updated). You don't have this knowledge because you haven't looked at the sources.

What is your source for your statements about EmeraMed's "open listing of shares"? They are a private company, so there have been no such listings, to my knowledge.

Of course Fidelity has not invested yet. EmeraMed is not a public company yet.

Of course they have no sales staff and US sales yet. The drug is not FDA approved yet. Their current manufacturer is PRONAV Clinical in Carraroe, Ireland, using a process that Dr Haley invented and patented. Stage 3 drug trials are not required, as I said, because FDA agreed to the "animal rule" for this extremely safe compound, which means animal tests and small human trials for efficacy will suffice. The expected timeline for approval is in the PPM.

If you think the company is a pump and dump, before you look at any of the sources I linked or cited, then you should certainly not invest. Have a nice day.

Unless my memory is failing me, this is the same member that last year during the pandemic was touting, very strongly with a minimum of evidence, that Vitamin C was a preventative or cure for COVID-19.

I had to click on "show ignored content" to see who it was and what they were touting, but there is a reason I have this person on my (short) ignore list.

I cited plenty of evidence last year about vitamin C, which @bkp_duke ignored while ridiculing me. He said he wants proof about Emeramide, but he can't see the scientific studies I cited when he has me on ignore.

@Cosmacelf scolds me that I should not show irritation with you, but it's a challenge when trying to respond to this.

My knowledge of the company comes mostly from Dr Haley's public talks on YouTube (one of which I linked), public scientific papers (which I cited), and the PPM (which the company will provide when updated). You don't have this knowledge because you haven't looked at the sources.

What is your source for your statements about EmeraMed's "open listing of shares"? They are a private company, so there have been no such listings, to my knowledge.

Of course they have no sales staff and US sales yet. The drug is not FDA approved yet. Their current manufacturer is PRONAV Clinical in Carraroe, Ireland, using a process that Dr Haley invented and patented. Stage 3 drug trials are not required, as I said, because FDA agreed to the "animal rule" for this extremely safe compound, which means animal tests and small human trials for efficacy will suffice. The expected timeline for approval is in the PPM.

If you think the company is a pump and dump, before you look at any of the sources I linked or cited, then you should certainly not invest. Have a nice day.

So, even private companies can do SEC filings under certain circumstances. EmeraMed has indeed filed, and you can see the list here: EDGAR Entity Landing Page

I haven't read the filings yet, but will do so in a moment.

The fact that they filed, BTW, means they have a securities lawyer, which means they aren't a fly by night company.

And I would caution some people on this forum for throwing out accusations like pump and dump without evidence. Doing so makes you look like a crook.

Just because PeterJA is an imperfect vessel for touting this company (you really should have checked to see where the company was at in their fundraising cycle before touting it, doh!) doesn't mean the company is crap. I'll spend some time looking at it because it sounds interesting.

No shares sold in 2018 https://sec.report/Document/0001623416-18-000003/
$274K in 2016 https://sec.report/Document/0001623416-16-000004/
Drug trial not even enrolled? NBMI Treatment in Patients With Mercury Toxicity - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

If they have nothing to sell, no manufacturing, no sales staff, no stage 3 trial, they have no appeal.

How much did you need to take, for how long, and what was the cost?

(Perhaps someone should email Dr. Haley and ask if this could work for ED, obesity, eczema, or Free Radical Covid Clotting and other disorders?)

The fact that they filed, BTW, means they have a securities lawyer, which means they aren't a fly by night company.

And I would caution some people on this forum for throwing out accusations like pump and dump without evidence. Doing so makes you look like a crook.

Just because PeterJA is an imperfect vessel for touting this company (you really should have checked to see where the company was at in their fundraising cycle before touting it, doh!) doesn't mean the company is crap. I'll spend some time looking at it because it sounds interesting.

NKLA has securities lawyers also...
What evidence there is:
Nothing to sell.
No stage 3 trials.
No products to sell.
No big money pro investors smarter than me.
Too many claims for too many things (a cure all panacea akin to snake oil)
Limited market.
And the person bringing this here unaware of what public knowledge there is on previous share offerings, last one of which was ignored by the market

The evidence says there are no compelling reasons for me to invest.

NKLA has securities lawyers also...
What evidence there is:
Nothing to sell.
No stage 3 trials.
No products to sell.
No big money pro investors smarter than me.
Too many claims for too many things (a cure all panacea akin to snake oil)
Limited market.
And the person bringing this here unaware of what public knowledge there is on previous share offerings, last one of which was ignored by the market

The evidence says there are no compelling reasons for me to invest.

Well, fine. It doesn't sound like private companies are your thing anyways. And life science biotech companies routinely go public with billion dollar market caps with zero revenue, so maybe drug companies aren't your thing either.

As I mentioned in my first post on this, efficacy is the key. That's what I'll be chasing when I do my DD. Everything you list above is not a red flag in my opinion, but hey, opinions differ.

Edit - I looked at the SEC filings, didn't see any red flags there either. FYI, the SEC filings do not have to be complete for private companies.

Reactions: PeterJA

My research focused on the science, not the previous share offerings. I'm glad to learn about the SEC site, but I try to invest on first principles, not what Big Money thinks. Big Money ignored Tesla for a long time, and some still do.

• Love
A company offering life saving cures has people knocking down their doors trying to invest. People smarter than me have not done that yet...

Actually they have. I just spoke to Dr Haley and he said several big companies have offered to buy him out, but he declined because the rights to Emeramide will be worth much more when the requirements for marketing are complete. So he has been raising money from enthusiasts like me and the doctors and dentists who saw what Emeramide can do.

He said he is a research scientist, not a businessman, but his Board plans to hire an experienced pharmaceutical CEO when they are ready to go to market. Then cash flow for growth should not be a problem, because of high demand for Emeramide from Latin America, Africa and Asia, where many people are mercury-poisoned.

Of course the business plan will be in the updated PPM.