Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how does something move like that???

High demand, low supply. That's what BTC was designed for. But probably not quite this kind of explosive growth ;) I've cashed a bit out at $600, a bit at $650 and have a standing order at $700. I still have many BTC left and get about 1 BTC / 2 weeks from mining so if it keeps going up I'll just keep cashing out at various new price points ;)

- - - Updated - - -

BUBBLE! Sold my holdings today. (I'll probably be banging my head against the wall in 10 years when one BTC buys you a brand new Tesla vehicle :) )

When it hit $360 I said bubble and planned to sell, but the exchange I had been using needed verification. Going through the hoops three times and failing (they need a paper bill and those are not done for years anymore in Estonia) the price has gone up almost 2x in the past week ;) Now I decided to use another exchange that I had verified a while ago, but that has withdrawal delay of 2 months. Plan to see if this is a real bubble i.e. we crash down to $100-200 range again in a week or two in which case I'll just convert back to BTC and if not, well then I'll withdraw and wait the two months...

I could sell you a few :D but I'd use bitstamp and mtgox. The trouble with mtgox is that withdrawals take ages (2-3 months) because of their bank limits. Bitstamp is in UK and is far faster (SEPA transfer NBD), butt heir price is lower usually by ca 10-15%. It's even more at this rapid pace... But if you want to obtain BTC, then sending money to bitstamp you'll get the BTC at discount as most sites use mtgox price :)

Coin base opened up buying, so I was able to purchased one coin with the purpose of acquainting myself with the system. Going to keep it in Coinbase wallet, but I am exploring wallets with MultiBit on my computer.

I have been watching bitcoin for quite some time. Thought it was finished with silkroad closing, but done more research and quite a bit of reading on bitcoin forums and reddit bitcoin. Changed my opinion.

Apple gets paid!
Nice to see the CEO of Samsung have a sense of humor and stick it to the man.
Lawsuit Paid In Full: Samsung pays Apple $1 Billion sending 30 trucks full of 5 cent coins |

I think that's a false story by a site like the onion, for one, the settlement isn't over to my knowledge, and for two that was reported in july and then sites like this:
No, Samsung Did Not Pay The Apple Patent Penalty In 5c Coins | Gizmodo Australia
said that it's not true.

This story is old. It was first posted the day after the lawsuit outcome was revealed and has been popping up like a zombie every few months since then ;)

On another note BitCoin crossed $900 last night (!!!) and dropped back to $525 for a moment earlier today and has been hovering in the region of $650-740 the past 3-4 hours. I've been selling on and off at various price points and have averaged about $650 total, got now orders in with $25 steps up to $900 in case it makes a new run in the night ;)

Simple math question

Current Bitcoin Price: 500$ (6B Marketcap)
Chance that Bitcoin becomes the next World Reserve Currency = X%
That would implicate a Marketcap of around 10T with the maximum of 21Million Bitcoins ever being in circulation that would be 476.000$/BTC

So now it comes down to put an estimation on X, if X>0,105% = Profit

Ben Bernanke: “may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system.”
source: Ben Bernanke On Bitcoin - Business Insider

And the recent Senat hearings were very positiv for Bitcoin.

I have to admit Im quite surprised by Bernankes reaction to Bitcoins, but Bob Lutz also become a Tesla Fanboy so thats good.
Its reasonable to say that Bernanke does understand something about Currencies and his blessing for Bitcoin should put X over the 0,105%

Anyhow I think the most investors should put in a few hours into researching the possibilities and implications Bitcoin would have.

^^^ not sure. just like was not sure why it spiked in the first place. had a feeling it might though.......

ONVO is going a bit crazy. I kept waiting for it to fall back into the 7-8 dollar range to buy some more (bought 1000 at 2.25 and 300 at 6) ...and now its above 12. I really would like to put one more chunk of money down, and should of earlier as I feel this will be a gamechanger for drug research. In the next ten years I would not be shocked to see the stock in the 50-60 dollar range, if what they say about their liver cells http://ir.organovo.com/news/press-releases/press-releases-details/2013/Organovo-Achieves-One-Month-Performance-Drug-Responsiveness-for-3D-Bioprinted-Liver-Tissues stands up to scrutiny. I think there will be another buying opportunity coming up, possibly in the 8-9 dollar range. I also think if the market corrects it could fall back to 5-7 dollars, so for now have decided to hold off buying any new shares. Anyone else have thoughts on this?[/QUOTE

Any idea what's going on with ONVO and the recent pull back?
there is a (for once...) excellent bearish SA article about ONVO. Don't know how much of the article is based on truth, but its a worth a read. Got out around 9$ during the raise and felt pretty stupid, guess that turned around now.

If you believe the words from the author, the stock shouldn't be valued more than a few cents...
http://seekingalpha.com/article/184...-at-organovo?source=email_rt_article_readmore

Well when you thought it couldn't possibly have gone up further, then BTC is now at $970...
BTC breached 1000, milestone. 10,000 is next milestone...we've gotten way past critical mass and a snowball effect is happening and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon as I can't see a scenario where a mass panic of BTC selling happens. Between TSLA options and BTC this has been one hell of a year for me....now I'm just nervous abut how to handle the tax man on this stuff...I need a good accountant...eeek.

there is a (for once...) excellent bearish SA article about ONVO. Don't know how much of the article is based on truth, but its a worth a read. Got out around 9$ during the raise and felt pretty stupid, guess that turned around now.

If you believe the words from the author, the stock shouldn't be valued more than a few cents...
http://seekingalpha.com/article/184...-at-organovo?source=email_rt_article_readmore

I bought in just after the IPO offering for a bit under $2, with the expectation that I would be holding it for 10 years or so - either making a great deal or losing all of it (it was a pink stock then). Trying to make money on ONVO right now is purely speculative and would consist of being smart enough to understand retail investor whims. The real win will be when ONVO is able to repeatably shorten time to market by significantly shortening Phase 1 & 2 clinical trials and perhaps also reduce overall company investment in unproven drug therapy.

By the way, we originally discussed ONVO and other cool stocks on the forum here General investing ideas, interesting high risk stocks.

I bought in just after the IPO offering for a bit under $2, with the expectation that I would be holding it for 10 years or so - either making a great deal or losing all of it (it was a pink stock then). Trying to make money on ONVO right now is purely speculative and would consist of being smart enough to understand retail investor whims. The real win will be when ONVO is able to repeatably shorten time to market by significantly shortening Phase 1 & 2 clinical trials and perhaps also reduce overall company investment in unproven drug therapy.

By the way, we originally discussed ONVO and other cool stocks on the forum here General investing ideas, interesting high risk stocks.

It seems that ONVO's way to profitability will be the ability to print blood vessels along with the liver sludge. Sentiment seems to think that it'll be done fairly easily, but I see no promise from the CEO or any of the scientists that they are headed towards a solution. Maybe I am missing something here.