Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason ABML is getting hit harder than all my other tech stocks today.
Yea, incredibly rough. Most of my top 5 holdings have dropped 10-20% every single day for over a week now. I'm at 40% portfolio losses for the year. NNDM -50%, ARKG -30%, ABML -50%. It doesn't get any better with the smaller holdings, ONTF -30%.

Berating myself heavily. 2 weeks ago, I considered dumping everything into low risk dividend stocks (which have been fine these last 2 weeks) as I think I had enough to retire. As of today, I'm years away from retirement again. Feels very much like how I felt looking at my accounts in March 2020.

For some reason ABML is getting hit harder than all my other tech stocks today.

I should of listened to my gut a few weeks ago. I was looking for stocks to buy, and of course reading this thread. One of the things I always do, is check what the 52 wk low is before buying. I literally could not find one stock out of around ten or so I checked that was not significantly multiples above their low. Did all these companies have major advances during the last year?
Anyhow ABML still up 50x the low (0.028). Hope note, but might have a long way to fall yet.

I have not sold a single share of ABML. I actually spoke at a UPenn startup engineering conference this Wednesday, and in my coffee chats afterwards was surprised to hear that most of the environmental engineers at the school have already heard about the company and knew quite a bit about the upcoming battery shortage we're going to face globally. Kids are so damn impressive nowadays.

Also, basically all of them equally stressed carbon capture technology as well. Also great to hear.

I have not sold a single share of ABML. I actually spoke at a UPenn startup engineering conference this Wednesday, and in my coffee chats afterwards was surprised to hear that most of the environmental engineers at the school have already heard about the company and knew quite a bit about the upcoming battery shortage we're going to face globally. Kids are so damn impressive nowadays.

Also, basically all of them equally stressed carbon capture technology as well. Also great to hear.
Yea, not selling. No real point, if I thought it was worth it before, it's certainly worth it now. There's been basically no news on any of these stocks, other than SENS ER yesterday. It's just been a general week long crash across everything remotely volatile in my portfolio. Doesn't even seem sector specific, BIDU has also been hammered, though not as severely. Nothing to do but blow on the embers and hope they relight someday.

Last edited:
I sold the last of my ABML at $2.50 though I plan to buy back in when things settle down. It’s tough to call the bottom, and I’ll probably miss it, but I couldn’t stand losing 20% a day anymore.

I think this is as much about growth stocks getting hit as it is green sector specific. Interest rates go up and those companies look a lot less attractive.

I don't think the wider universe understands Albemarle yet. Even in 2015 when they acquired Rockwell, at the time the #1 lithium mining operation, nobody even blinked. The fact that no one saw equal or god forbid higher value in owning the the top lithium play was shocking to me at the time.

This one might just have to be held onto until the real dividends roll in. God forbid! Today it's sitting precisely at it's previous highs of 2017. Probably an over-correction.

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
I don't think the wider universe understands Albemarle yet. Even in 2015 when they acquired Rockwell, at the time the #1 lithium mining operation, nobody even blinked. The fact that no one saw equal or god forbid higher value in owning the the top lithium play was shocking to me at the time.

This one might just have to be held onto until the real dividends roll in. God forbid! Today it's sitting precisely at it's previous highs of 2017. Probably an over-correction.

Just to avoid confusion, we were talking about American Battery Metals (ABML). You are talking about Albemarle (ABL). Carry on.

Reactions: JRP3 and MP3Mike
ABML:

Interesting....

Who is this "expert" though:

After speaking with a renowned expert, we believe the EV battery recycling market will be slow to develop.

And, well no *sugar* to this statement.....that's what ABML is trying to accomplish....

There’s no existing infrastructure to recycle lithium-ion batteries, only a fraction of EVs are nearing end-of-life, most batteries are repurposed for other applications rather than recycled, and recycling is not currently economical as most key battery materials are not currently in short supply.

Again, no *sugar*. From what I understand, ABML is trying a new process that is less heat intensive....plus, there is Ryan Melsert, the CTO, who came from Tesla and was the R&D Manager, Battery Materials and Energy Systems.

In addition, we believe neither management team has any prior experience in the battery recycling industry and is currently relying on recycling processes that have not been proven at commercial scale.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
ABML:

Interesting...Xepa777, do you have any insight on this report? Any validity to this? I have a decent amount invested in ABML and was planning to hold long-term but this report is making me rethink my position..

Edit: after doing some research it is starting to look like this report is a bunch of BS. Short sellers maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeC and JRP3
For those buying RBLX, I'm curious what the appeal is (besides Cathie Woods picking up some shares).

Yes, my nephew plays Roblox with his friends, but childrens' attention is a fickle beast. Does it have staying power? Do they have the ability to remain relevant when the kids move onto something else? The two biggest multiplayer games of 2020 were probably "Among Us" and "Fall Guys," and both recently had their communities collapse when people got bored with them.

A model that would be worth buying would be something like Epic Games (not public). If you asked me to invest in the developers of a free-to-play shooter in 2017 I would have said you were insane. But they were able to roll their popularity from a single game into a virtual game storefront that rivals Steam for PC games. Even if Epic Games never published another game themselves, and Fortnite fell out of popularity, they'll continue to be profitable.

For those buying RBLX, I'm curious what the appeal is (besides Cathie Woods picking up some shares).

Yes, my nephew plays Roblox with his friends, but childrens' attention is a fickle beast. Does it have staying power? Do they have the ability to remain relevant when the kids move onto something else? The two biggest multiplayer games of 2020 were probably "Among Us" and "Fall Guys," and both recently had their communities collapse when people got bored with them.

A model that would be worth buying would be something like Epic Games (not public). If you asked me to invest in the developers of a free-to-play shooter in 2017 I would have said you were insane. But they were able to roll their popularity from a single game into a virtual game storefront that rivals Steam for PC games. Even if Epic Games never published another game themselves, and Fortnite fell out of popularity, they'll continue to be profitable.

I think RBLX will last as more of creative platform with the social aspect, not just a gaming site. I'd be a buyer in the sub $50 range, (I might not get that chance)

Dave Lee has a interesting deep dive

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller

American Battery Metals Corporation (OTCQB:ABML) (the "Company"), an American-owned lithium-ion battery recycling technology and advanced extraction company with extensive mineral resources in Nevada, which is in the process of changing its name to American Battery Technology Company ("ABTC"), became aware of false and defamatory information posted on March 9 and March 10, 2021. The Company believes that "reports" and videos were released as part of a coordinated campaign by short sellers to release false and misleading statements in order to lower the price of the Company's common stock.

Reactions: MikeC