Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why market correction next year? I am thinking market will be up by end of year compared to now.

I hope this doesn’t sound like a half answer or non answer —it is not —read the last 15-20 posts from this retired investor (he sells nothing). He lists multiple factors - well documented -

Is the best recap. Pls let me know what you think.

I retired at 58, 18 months ago and i’m obsessed with capital preservation combined with unusual 10x returns (unusually high returns is why I was able to retire as a Tesla stock holder). I still hold lots of Tesla for the long term. And I plan to buy back Spotify next year.

Reactions: CarlS
I believe Moderna had early involvement with NIH and DARPA re mRNA processes about 10 years ago. Did BioNTech have German institutional/government support? BioNTech was smart to develop and market through Pfizer which I believe sped regulatory approval and market uptake of Covid vaccine. I haven’t followed the cancer product development, but would think continued partnership would be a good idea for BioNTech.
If I recall correctly, Moderna had large US government support for development, approval and manufacturing. BioNTech had some approval help but less governmental support at any level. Less, but still quite substantial because BioNTech does not manufacture. I do not know the extent of Pfizer government support but it was very substantial in Europe, US and several other countries. The pandemic aid to every major vaccine effort globally was very large, without question.

The primary distinction between Moderna and BioNTech is in basic mission. BioNTech is a development company, so deeply involved in clinical trials in multiple areas. Moderna is too, but their goal is to be an major vaccine producer and doiftrinbuter, so development is a crucial component, but not their primary intent.

For details, both have extensive information on their websites. Both have similar clinical trials but have different specific disease targets. There are many others than these two, including with major pharmaceutical companies. In ten view fo some, including me, the mRNA focus in both was viewed as nearly impossible lesss than decade ago and professional cynicism was rife. That is because of the incredible difficulty of using mRNA. It was really only the unexpected and disbelief challenging COVID-19 vaccines that suddenly demonstrated the amazing progress they both had made. I strongly recommend studying them both, in large part because there was highly entertaining interplay among the handful of brave researchers who pursued mRNA when 'everyone' ridiculed them, especially a 'Turkish woman', how could she know anything at all? Hence, even efforts to credit her husband (himself outstanding!) with her work. Moderna did not have that drama, but plenty of cynics there too.

Quite a few parallels with Lithium-ion, TSLA. and SpaceX.

If I recall correctly, Moderna had large US government support for development, approval and manufacturing. BioNTech had some approval help but less governmental support at any level. Less, but still quite substantial because BioNTech does not manufacture. I do not know the extent of Pfizer government support but it was very substantial in Europe, US and several other countries. The pandemic aid to every major vaccine effort globally was very large, without question.

The primary distinction between Moderna and BioNTech is in basic mission. BioNTech is a development company, so deeply involved in clinical trials in multiple areas. Moderna is too, but their goal is to be an major vaccine producer and doiftrinbuter, so development is a crucial component, but not their primary intent.

For details, both have extensive information on their websites. Both have similar clinical trials but have different specific disease targets. There are many others than these two, including with major pharmaceutical companies. In ten view fo some, including me, the mRNA focus in both was viewed as nearly impossible lesss than decade ago and professional cynicism was rife. That is because of the incredible difficulty of using mRNA. It was really only the unexpected and disbelief challenging COVID-19 vaccines that suddenly demonstrated the amazing progress they both had made. I strongly recommend studying them both, in large part because there was highly entertaining interplay among the handful of brave researchers who pursued mRNA when 'everyone' ridiculed them, especially a 'Turkish woman', how could she know anything at all? Hence, even efforts to credit her husband (himself outstanding!) with her work. Moderna did not have that drama, but plenty of cynics there too.

Quite a few parallels with Lithium-ion, TSLA. and SpaceX.
It all came together quite remarkably in that first year. Pfizer’s manufacturing and regulatory approval capabilities were also huge influences, imo preventing many deaths (despite verging on criminal obstacles). The growing complacency about vaccination is alarming.

It all came together quite remarkably in that first year. Pfizer’s manufacturing and regulatory approval capabilities were also huge influences, imo preventing many deaths (despite verging on criminal obstacles). The growing complacency about vaccination is alarming.
The "growing complacency" is due to the many chronic diseases vaccines have caused and continue to cause. People are just now beginning to wake up to this since billions of people were basically forced to take experimental injections all at once. Humans know next to nothing about complex, non-linear dynamic chaotic natural systems that have been iterating for billions of years. Evidence of this is the trail of death and destruction we leave wherever we trod. There are loads and loads of books written by doctors over the past 100 years debunking "medical science" myths and claims.

In any case, please take your marketing gibberish elsewhere. This is not the place for it.

...There are loads and loads of books written by doctors over the past 100 years debunking "medical science" myths and claims...

In any case, please take your marketing gibberish elsewhere. This is not the place for it.
For the most part people here on TMC do understand science and evidentiary rules.
Baseless allegations and pseudo-science have been responsible for many fraudulent claims, for centuries.
Somehow they're rising. I really am surprised so see such garbage being printed here.
...marketing gibberish does happen. "Loads and loads..." have happened promoting phrenology, vaccine falsities and much, much more. It never ends so long as ignorance and wishful thinking spawn false narratives with increasingly prevalent misuse of Ai-aided misstatements.

Reactions: winfield100
The "growing complacency" is due to the many chronic diseases vaccines have caused and continue to cause. People are just now beginning to wake up to this since billions of people were basically forced to take experimental injections all at once. Humans know next to nothing about complex, non-linear dynamic chaotic natural systems that have been iterating for billions of years. Evidence of this is the trail of death and destruction we leave wherever we trod. There are loads and loads of books written by doctors over the past 100 years debunking "medical science" myths and claims.

I agree. The chronic diseases are horrendous and life was much better with the acute disease like smallpox, polio, whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, Hib, influenza, hepatitis, tetanus, diphtheria, etc. I yearn for the glorious past when half of children died before reaching adulthood. We should not be donating vaccines to poor countries, where they still let their people’s immune systems function naturally as complex, non-linear dynamic chaotic systems instead of bowing down to authoritarian, debunked “medical science” myths. Adaptive immunity is an incomprehensible mystery and, as such, attempting to understand and manipulate it is futile. Humans know next to nothing about B-cells, T-cells, antibodies, macrophages and how they function. Keep fighting the good fight @joh01652 !

In addition to NVDA, I also own some 1.5x leveraged Nvidia- NVDL and NVDU shares. NVDL dropped 10% last night/this morning out of nowhere. Seems to coincide with some "special dividend" event. Anybody have an idea what that's all about? I realize it's designed to track NVDA on a daily basis, but the drop is upsetting. Probably going to sell the NVDL and buy NVDA or NVDU.

QS up almost 30%. They posted this yesterday:

Ugh. You guys (and me) are falling down on the job. Why didn’t anyone notice a year ago that AMD has competitive AI chips to NVidia? And will generate a lot of profitable revenue from it?
The last few days someone came up with a top 5 AI stock list (NVDA, MSFT, AVGO, TSM, AMD).

There's China risk but TSM kicked off the recent semi surge (ASML, LRCX, AMAT).

And other AI related areas include SMCI, ANET, CRM, NOW, PANW, WDAY, SNOW.

Of course no guarantees it continues but seems to be momentum for anything AI related.

My kids have indicated that I should diversify some, lol. AMD has my interest.

The AI servers (H100/200) are like Tesla products - demand is endless. Others will (and must) make AI servers (monopoly). Sure, NVidia also has some cool proprietary software, and is in gaming which makes them the clear winner for now, just over priced when I look at what's coming... this year.

But then I saw this with AMD: Is this correct... PE is 308?

View attachment 1014376

Tesla's cheap when compared... I could buy the dip instead. :oops:
AMD forward PE is 44. I'm still riding NVDA... Forward PE of 30.

AMD forward PE is 44. I'm still riding NVDA... Forward PE of 30.
Thanks, didn't know there was this thread. Good stuff.

Why does Yahoo post P/E Ratio of 309? Diff from Forward PE?

1706805081309.png