Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What posters did you have on your wall as a "teenager"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a picture of a Jet.... the gladiator type not the fossil fuel burning machine ;)
The Gladiator type wasn't a jet and it was definitely a fossil fuel burning machine ... ... I'll get my coat ...
Screen Shot.png

Reactions: Bantam
The looks of the Model Y thread got me thinking. If I was a teenage boy now, what posters would I have on my wall?

So, what posters did you have on your wall as a teenager, and what would you think you would have if you were a contemporary teenager now?

When I was a teenager, it was a Porsche 928S and a Tyrell P34 (in Elf colours with twin airbox). A few others, like rockets and a glow in the dark articulated skeleton (I shudder to think what that was painted with), but I never had Martin Elliotts Tennis Girl. Unfortunately they all seem to have got lost over time although maybe the best thing for the skeleton...

These days, tough call. It would probably have been a Model S and/or a McLaren road car in some form, and the McLaren MCL35M (Monaco/Gulf colours). It may even have been a Model Y with doors open, although I suspect short lived. Certainly no chance of a Model 3 and definitely not a Y or Cybertruck.

I still love the shape of the 928S, and regret a friend (who had a friend that worked at Porsche) talking me out of buying one due to potential repair costs.

They also say, never meet your hero's. I had a very close look at a P34 once. it scared me shitless. Unfortunately it didn't live up to its initial looks (and I hated the First National City colours who ironically, in a different guise. I worked for a period of time) but those drivers still had balls even if the hero's were really the cars. I don't think the same could be said these days, both of the cars or (thankfully) the drivers.
I had an XJ220 poster.