Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should I do if my psychiatrist sleeps on the job?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She's a family doctor (sort of). My family has a line of anxiety, and they've always consulted to her. I have anxiety as well, so my family put me in therapy, with her as my doctor. But, we just 'don't click. Sometimes, her advices aren't helpful to me and lately she just falls asleep during our sessions. I'm considering changing my psychiatrist, but I'm not sure if changing my psychiatrist would help me cope with my condition. Also I don't want to be mean to her and tell she's kinda incompetent.

What should I do?

1) Make sure your car has an update 2017.42 or later ("camper" mode)
2) Turn the A/C to your comfort and ensure it stays on
3) Play some relaxing music or podcast of your choice
4) Recline and enjoy

Beats the doctor visits (and saves some $$$) ;)

Reactions: pilotSteve
Not sure if serious or not... but my spouse is a Psychiatrist. She has had a few folks that have moved to her practice that said their previous psychiatrist fell asleep during sessions. MOVE OR QUIT. If you don't click, your not going to benefit.

She's a family doctor (sort of). My family has a line of anxiety, and they've always consulted to her. I have anxiety as well, so my family put me in therapy, with her as my doctor. But, we just 'don't click. Sometimes, her advices aren't helpful to me and lately she just falls asleep during our sessions. I'm considering changing my psychiatrist, but I'm not sure if changing my psychiatrist would help me cope with my condition. Also I don't want to be mean to her and tell she's kinda incompetent.

What should I do?
If a doctor falls asleep on you during your session, especially if this has occurred on more than one occasion, than this is a far more serious issue than finding another doctor. There may be a serious health issue with her, and this needs to be reported to your state Medical Board. Either that, or you are really really boring.

Do research on iodine and magnesium supplementation. Magnesium Glycinate is very calming of nerves and iodine supposedly can cure anxiety in some people. There are many other benefits to these, even if they don't help with anxiety.

Thank you all for your comments. I do understand what you guys are saying. Just like what Tiger said, it's better to do mental health counseling online if your therapist replies to your inquiry than in person if your therapist sleeps while you expose your deepest struggles. And yes, certainly driving my Tesla does the trick from time to time. I'll consider telling her frankly about my concern in our next (last) session.

You could:

a) give your therapist a bill for the cost of *your* time whilst they were snoozing.

b) date a Scientologist, which would pretty much put the kibosh upon future therapy sessions even though they would be even more necessary.

c) talk to yourself out loud, record the sessions, play them back, and determine that therapy might be completely superfluous.

d) interview other therapists as a change would appear to be in order.

e) go for a nice long road trip - as needed.

Pick any two.

Now that will be five dollars, please. :)

gee, I have problems with my doctor, I think I'll come to an online car forum. Said no one ever.

The irony of that statement is a couple of years ago there was someone who posted on the TMC forums about how Tesla gave new meaning to their life. Where they were struggling at the time because of the death of their kid. That is if I'm remembering the story correctly.

In any case much of what we do in life is to give purpose to it.

To me the off-topic section is supposed to be about things not related Tesla/Energy/Autonomous cars/etc.

I'd also argue that this isn't a car forum just as I'd argue that Tesla isn't really a car company.

The real reason you commented wasn't that it was off topic, but it was a topic that you didn't particularly understand or relate to.

• Love
Reactions: skitown and jerry33