Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should I look for or ask when I go pick up my used 90D Tesla model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, they can refuse delivery but it's my understanding that Tesla announced they will no longer do goodwill repairs on them regardless of warranty standing.
true, but I don't think this is a deal breaking issue... all can be fixed through SC replacement or software update.

Ha - so bubbling or yellow borders are no longer conidered warrantable defects?/ Man, just when you think this company cant get more customer unfriendly they sink to new lows.
yellow border issue is now being fixed via software updates, bubbling issue is being fixed with a complete replacement. I don't see any problems here tbh

true, but I don't think this is a deal breaking issue... all can be fixed through SC replacement or software update.

yellow border issue is now being fixed via software updates, bubbling issue is being fixed with a complete replacement. I don't see any problems here tbh

Hard to say if the complete replacement is free, this article implies that for at least the yellowing issues they are charging people:
Tesla's Screen Saga Shows Why Automotive Grade Matters

Took delivery on 3/23/19 and was ready to fight for EVERYTHING I wanted 'fixed' but they did them already. Chip in the pano roof, GONE, all the CA HoV stickers, Gone, New tires on, and clean in and out. Fully charged at 100% since I was driving from NV to WA. Did I leave knowing everything I felt I should have? NO, they were delivering TM3's like mad and my Pre-owned TMS seemed to be a second thought. "here is a Model S, sit in it and get a feel for it while we finish your paper work, and we will answer any questions you have in a few" 40 minuets later, they were ready to sign on the dotted line. Out we were, like parents of new borns, strapped into our car's seats and off we went! Your preowned will come with 4 years 50,000 warranty and 8 year unlimited battery and motor warranty (from 2016 for batter and motor) so you will have time to solve any problems that might pop up. My 2016 TMS 90D has 52k (50k when I took delivery) so I have a little bit less time to have things to go wrong. Welcome to the family, enjoy the ride. My one advice it everyone knows how fast 0-60 Tesla are, most forget how fast 60-90 they are!