Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What single option would tip your Model 3 purchase decision?

What single option would tip your Model 3 purchase decision?

• Interior Colors (other than Black)

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • All Wheel Drive

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Standard Battery

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Performance Version

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Opt out of Premium Upgrades Package

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Tow Package

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 White.jpg

Reactions: Drax
Bumping this up - potentially very useful poll in terms of sequencing new options (e.g., if anyone at Tesla is watching).

I did not vote since I already configured my Model 3, but I had waited a few days to touch base with Tesla after the invite date. (White interior was of interest, but I ultimately decided it was not as important to me as speedy delivery).

I am a reservation holder, but I am in no rush.
I will opt for the standard battery, but upgraded amenities.

I will not make a purchase until: 1) I get more miles on my excellent Toyota Avalon hybrid and 2) something other than black or white interior is offered.

Maybe not a single option of the vehicle but availability of the tax credit is a large determining factor for many. It’s the only reason I am considering to configure now versus waiting. I’m torn but in a couple days I won’t hqvw my S anymore and need to decide quickly.

I really don't care about dual motors living and driving mostly in Los Angeles and otherwise dry roads. Long Range is a must for sure for me. The higher end option I could do without. Personally I see no value in them. Not that they are bad, just not worth the price for me.

yeah, if I lived in a no snow climate, I would totally be configuring right now. First production specs seem perfect for LA.

Reactions: David99
except Tesla is forcing the premium package on us now, which I see not much value for $5K
Yeah I can see that. I like to think of the First Production config a compromise between the base model config and the future performance/plaid config. I personally really want the upgraded sound and the glass roof. Is that worth 5k? Prolly not, but part of me also doesn't feel bad supporting Tesla in their mission :D

Except that we get snows, heavy snows, in the local mountains and Sierras. My first S85D spent its first weekend in six inches of fresh ... on Memorial Day. For many of us out here, AWD is a must.
heh, I was referencing LA in my comment, not all of CA. But yeah sounds like we're both waiting for some AWD news.

Hmm not on your poll list. Right now I'm undecided between LR 1st production and LR 3rd production. A definite tipping point for me would be if the 3rd production had an optional item like Sunroof, HEPA/BioWeapon Defense, or ventilated seats. An immediate surefire no questions asked decision for 3rd if all three of those options were available. Heck while I'm wishing here, why not throw in black headliner.

I'm thinking about holding off for the AWD because from there might be an option for smart air suspension. From what I've been seeing the current model 3 has a very sporty suspension. I'm looking for a smoother ride because here in the city we have lots of potholes.

As stated before, Tax credit is my main motivator right now. If that goes away then I am going to wait until I see dual motor, performance, sun roof, or convertible version. Price has to be right also. Not going to pay $70K for a performance.
Convertible version, never going to happen. And seeing as a loaded single motor, long range is bumping up to $60K, you can guarantee the performance version will be over $70K, but maybe not too much over. My estimate is mid- to upper $70Ks.

Reactions: IdaX
For me the #1 feature is AWD not for the performance edge but due to the snow and ice. Second would be the smaller battery since I will mostly use the car to get me to the train station less than 20 miles round trip for the work week. So yea no need for the bigger battery and saving on the bigger bat should pay for the AWD (give or take).

For me the #1 feature is AWD not for the performance edge but due to the snow and ice. Second would be the smaller battery since I will mostly use the car to get me to the train station less than 20 miles round trip for the work week. So yea no need for the bigger battery and saving on the bigger bat should pay for the AWD (give or take).

Is the AWD really that necessary in the snow though? Looking at posts from early RWD Model S owners, I got the sense that it was totally fine in snow. I mean it's a REALLY heavy vehicle compared to other cars of a comparable size. Low weight, combined with decent traction control, is it really going to be that bad? I definitely have to deal with snow in the winter (although not as much compared to years past) but I'm not sure the wait (+ tax credit hit) may be worth it.