Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What tires are you running?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They look good, don't get me wrong, but just take a look at the PS4Ss:
IMG_2091.jpg

Reactions: MODEL+ and kpanda17
I always use all-seasons tires. First used the Michelin version, now Conti. I like them both.

They seem to be as good as the best winter tires, but a bit weaker during summer, which doesn't concern me much. When it rains, they are again as good or better as summer tires.

Waiting for all-seasons tires designed specifically for electric cars. I think, Goodyear has some in the making.

That is what I've heard, regarding the Michelins. I am not a big fan of Pirelli, at least not a big fan of the P ZEROs, which are the only option for the sizes I have.
“PZero” is an overall model line name Pirelli uses for multiple tires, so it’s inaccurate to make general assumptions about them.

I prefer the PS4S to the PZero Elect, but they’re close overall IMO.

Tesla’s Model 3P OEM PS4S fitment has a slightly wider tread width than the general-market version, so if that matters to you (and it should, both for performance and for looks) be sure to specify that version when buying new tires.

“PZero” is an overall model line name Pirelli uses for multiple tires, so it’s inaccurate to make general assumptions about them.

I prefer the PS4S to the PZero Elect, but they’re close overall IMO.

Tesla’s Model 3P OEM PS4S fitment has a slightly wider tread width than the general-market version, so if that matters to you (and it should, both for performance and for looks) be sure to specify that version when buying new tires.
I'm not sure which Pirelli's came with my M3P, but I did not like them. Grip and tread life were pretty meh. But that is just my personal experience.

My OEM Michelin MXM4s did not wear well (at all) and I did not have confidence in their grip, nor in their resistance to potholes and road debris. I replaced them with Nokian One tires, which are much better on those counts. They are also quiet and efficient (although, to be fair, the MXM4s were good in those last two ways as well). The Nokian One will be my Spring-Summer-Fall tires - in these parts you need separate Winter tires, and for that I have had Yokohama V905s for the past few years, which have been fine.

Reactions: XPsionic and santua
I've been reading tire reviews on tirerack.com, and I see comments like "I noticed immediately that these tires have much better wet traction." How would you know that unless you push the envelope (almost spin out or slam on the brakes on a wet road)?

It's all about steering force, it does not have to involve high gain maneuvers. Moving to the east coast and driving in snow has been a great learning tool for me. If you have enough feel for steering forces in the dry, as they lighten up whether wet or with snow, you will know you are losing grip. Less stability needs less force to turn.

It's all feel and unless you have a racetrack, subjective and driver dependant. In my Goodyear thread I did find out that UTQG traction ratings are based on wet traction tests. AA is the top tier and unless I am wrong, only Pirelli Elects and GY ElectricDriveGT tires are both EV specific+AA rated.

just realized this was a new date thread I wrote this in model y not realizing was curious of others' thoughts
Most of my driving is short but I'm looking for quieter tires my primacy mxm4s just went when I had Tesla come swap out my battery.
for those with the good years are they good? I have not bought good-year tires in 20 years I've been strict on the Pirelli and Michelin camp but I'm comparing the Pirelli P Zero all season plus elect vs the good-year electric drive gt, I drive in cold weather maybe a month a year but I always over think replacements including tires any thoughts would be appreciated, based on this thread it seems that people have mixed feelings on this tire.

I feel like the Michelin Primacy MXM4 are terrible tires. I've had them now for 6,500 miles and I'm extremely disappointed in their overall grip and wet road performance. I am wondering if the extra weight of my Tesla is part of my issue though. I was using Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 on my previous car (Golf GTI) and both tires were leaps and bounds ahead of the MXM4. Is it a fair comparison though on a car that is ~800 pounds heavier?

I feel like the Michelin Primacy MXM4 are terrible tires. I've had them now for 6,500 miles and I'm extremely disappointed in their overall grip and wet road performance. I am wondering if the extra weight of my Tesla is part of my issue though. I was using Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 on my previous car (Golf GTI) and both tires were leaps and bounds ahead of the MXM4. Is it a fair comparison though on a car that is ~800 pounds heavier?
The MXM4’s are just bad overall…

They were chosen for range - pure and simple.

Get grippier tires next time, but don’t be surprised by the range loss.

Reactions: DrChaos
Hey guys, just like the title mentions, I was wondering what tires you are all running. I have been running Michelins PS4Ss but the time has come to replace them. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Michelins so far, they have been very good in all conditions, but I was thinking of perhaps trying something new.

I am looking to see what most of you are using and how do you like it.
I just installed Michelin CrossClimate2 ... excellent reviews and ratings on TireRack .. they drive well so far, no noise diffeerence, and I'm not noticing any difference on efficiency .. but I have no long trip on them yet.