Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do when charging to 100% doesn't show the correct number of rated miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 Model Y Standard Range. It was advertised / rated as a 244 mile vehicle.

So, tonight I'm charging to 100% for a trip tomorrow. The charging stats says I'll have 216 miles when fully charged. WTF? That's 11-12% less than the stated range.

I have a 2021 Model Y Standard Range. It was advertised / rated as a 244 mile vehicle.

So, tonight I'm charging to 100% for a trip tomorrow. The charging stats says I'll have 216 miles when fully charged. WTF? That's 11-12% less than the stated range.
You charge more often. Tesla will do nothing for you until you've lost 30%. That's 171 miles, btw.

Most likely, your battery is out of balance. Lots of approaches to this, but I’d recommend charging to 100 percent, let the car sit for 1-2 hours at a 100 percent and then drive. Next charge, do the same - you’ll see a better balanced battery.
Your car also probably has some degradation, so you should not be expecting the same range as new.
Folks that never look at the range in miles (just percent) are keeping their heads in the sand. It’s probably their way of dealing with anxiety or something- ignorance is bliss. If one never looks at the mileage range, one will never know they have lost so much range that it would be covered under warranty.

How many miles on it?

Actually if you search on the forum, there’s plenty of reading material around battery degradation, capacity, estimated range and maintenance.

The car isn’t really adjusting to your driving style. More about natural degradation of the battery pack. And no, Tesla won’t do anything until you are 30% below spec.

Enjoy the drive!

Reactions: Noflash