Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What type of car is Model 3 replacing for you?

What type of car is Model 3 replacing for you?

• EV (Leaf, Model S, etc)

Votes: 74 16.1%
  • Hybrid (Prius, Volt, etc)

Votes: 76 16.5%
  • ICE Sedan

Votes: 187 40.6%
  • ICE SUV

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • ICE Truck

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • None (First car or not a replacement)

Votes: 31 6.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2005 Cadillac XLR with a hair over 60,000 miles. It’s been a good car honestly, but I need something that does more automation to keep me from wanting to kill people during my commute traffic. I’ll miss the air conditioned seats, though, and to a lesser extent the folding hardtop.

Basically 2006 Chrysler 300C (which I loved very very much, best car I've owned), but sold it already last winter and got surrogate (2016 VW Beetle Turbo) to drive while waiting for M3 to arrive. VW will go for wife when M3 arrives, and wife's 2010 Mini Cooper S (worst car I've owned) will be sold.

2008 Prius. Original owner. It still has original brakes and brake pads (50% left!) thanks to regen. By the time I take delivery of the Model 3 next year, it should reach 150k miles. It's an absolutely solid and economical car. No worries nor repairs whatsoever. But it's also absolutely slow. I thought I'd never find a fun AND economical car until the Model 3. I expect the Model 3's brake will last even longer given its more aggressive regen.

Have 2 reservations. First one will be for my husband. He recently sold his 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel to make room. When the m3 arrives the weekend Mercedes slk350 can go back in the garage.

When the 2nd car arrives for me it will replace a 2006 Mercedes E320 CDI.

I was gonna say I had the oldest car that my M3 would be replacing, until I saw Tony B's post. I have a 1996 Ford Explorer with 190K miles on it. I've owned it since 1998 and kept it in good condition generally. For me, I was never interested in getting a 'luxury' car as it seemed like a waste of money, but I was interested even at the time I got my Explorer in buying an EV. I was originally looking at the GM EV1, but of course that pretty quickly became a non-starter. This will be without a doubt, the nicest car I've owned and I can't wait to have it! Will probably keep the Explorer around for a bit for hauling stuff.

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L here. Only 88k miles on it, and it still looks good but I just won't need a minivan anymore once my kids are done with college next year. That's the earliest I'll see a model 3 in any case and I'm guessing not until 2019 sometime. One of those kids has a Jeep Liberty so I'll still have a cargo hauler when necessary. It is nice to be able to just throw it in the back of the minivan without worrying about size though, the only thing that wouldn't fit over the years is a 5'x5' sheet of Baltic birch ply. 4x8 fits fine though.

I tagged this as an SUV since minivan isn't an option.