Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was your the most efficient wattage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What model, and was that a roundtrip? I was in the 180s last Summer for a 25mile roundtrip, for a LR-AWD. Just running errands around town. This year has been rather cool, regen dots every morning, and I've been in the 220s, but I am also running all-season snow tires now.
Are all seasons better or worse for efficiency? I am on sr+ so rwd with stock Michelin all seasons. 20% city, 80% highway. In Philadelphia area.

Warm weather, HVAC off, flat ground, I can get 100-120wh/mi in my AWD at 20-30 MPH. This is absurdly impractical, but id expect an SR could crack below 100 under ideal conditions without going downhill. You need to go really slow, with aeros inflated to ~50 PSI, and have the car warmed up for a bit beforehand.

176 is really great for that distance, I'm usually in the ~250 range if im driving carefully.

Warm weather, HVAC off, flat ground, I can get 100-120wh/mi in my AWD at 20-30 MPH. This is absurdly impractical, but id expect an SR could crack below 100 under ideal conditions without going downhill. You need to go really slow, with aeros inflated to ~50 PSI, and have the car warmed up for a bit beforehand.

176 is really great for that distance, I'm usually in the ~250 range if im driving carefully.
We often go 40 miles or more and have a negative average Wh/mile value. Starting at a higher elevation helps. ;)

Reactions: jjrandorin
Are all seasons better or worse for efficiency? I am on sr+ so rwd with stock Michelin all seasons. 20% city, 80% highway. In Philadelphia area.
Round-trip? That's important to take out elevation and potential wind effects. The snow-tire all-seasons, in theory, should get worse mileage than low-rolling resistance OEM tires, but aren't too bad, so far, Vredestein Quatrac5. The RWD SR or + are supposed to be the most efficient, no?

I've done 55 mi round trip at under 155 wh/mi in the philly area on my daily work drive. No ac no heat nothing above 75mph. Typically with no ac and heat I can do 180 to 185 wh/mi. Average tricot tree year is like 205. Model 3 sr on oem tires and wheels.

I am pretty regularly in the 165 - 180 range in my 2019 M3SR+. I Have recently taken two trips from outlying south west Philly suburbs to northeast suburbs and back (132 miles round trip each time) and got 172 and 176 at about 60F. My work commute is about 16 miles each way and I am often under 170. That is on I-95 with no A/C or heat - just the fan.

Round trip to work I was at 155. AC on 70 degrees. All time low was 127

Attachments

• 17425AE4-090E-43F7-BE8A-BB40D9479079.png
    17425AE4-090E-43F7-BE8A-BB40D9479079.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
I got 176w/mile today on 45 miles trip.

Unless you are talking about round trip, as demonstrated by others in this thread, this number is fairly meaningless. People at elevation can get negative usage numbers going down the hill, and if they live in on a mountain / etc, could drive quote some distance doing so. Of course, that all reverses when going back up the hill.

TL ; DR -- roundtrip numbers only to compare.