Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going on with new inventory pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're getting a "Long Range Model S"

That's incorrect. I've been doing some research, and the hardware differs. The 100D has identical smaller motors front and rear, but the P100D has the smaller motor up front and a larger, more powerful motor in the rear. There are other differences such as upgraded fuses to handle the higher amperage.

So, you are getting a faster accelerating car, but it's not clear exactly what the performance difference is between a 100D and a P100D without Ludicrous mode. Reports seem to vary. I did see one or two threads claiming a P100D without Ludicrous will go 0-60 in 3.0s, and it's well established that a 100D will do it in 3.6s. The P100D listed range is 315, down 20 from the 100D. I would imagine that the P100D without Ludicrous will hold value much better than a 100D, so it seems to me like the better deal.

That's incorrect. I've been doing some research, and the hardware differs. The 100D has identical smaller motors front and rear, but the P100D has the smaller motor up front and a larger, more powerful motor in the rear. There are other differences such as upgraded fuses to handle the higher amperage.

So, you are getting a faster accelerating car, but it's not clear exactly what the performance difference is between a 100D and a P100D without Ludicrous mode. Reports seem to vary. I did see one or two threads claiming a P100D without Ludicrous will go 0-60 in 3.0s, and it's well established that a 100D will do it in 3.6s. The P100D listed range is 315, down 20 from the 100D. I would imagine that the P100D without Ludicrous will hold value much better than a 100D, so it seems to me like the better deal.

So you are getting a “Long Range Model S Performance”

There are no kWh pack designations anymore

If you remove ludicrous, does that mean you're still getting a P100D, but without ludicrous mode enabled?

Yes. You are getting the equivalent car to what is now calle "Model S Performance" without Ludicrous checked

upload_2019-3-19_16-55-17.png

As far as anyone knows, the changes from earlier this year are name only.

The inventory site even called the one I ordered a "Model S Ludicrous Performance" but when I reserved it I got an order agreement saying P100D with a Ludicrous Mode line item for $20,000. I asked them to remove Ludicrous and change to standard silver wheels, and they have complied. I now have a new order agreement that says P100D and no longer has a Ludicrous Mode line item, and is cheaper because of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Tifighter
I just placed an order yesterday
Yes. You are getting the equivalent car to what is now calle "Model S Performance" without Ludicrous checked

View attachment 388251

As far as anyone knows, the changes from earlier this year are name only.

The inventory site even called the one I ordered a "Model S Ludicrous Performance" but when I reserved it I got an order agreement saying P100D with a Ludicrous Mode line item for $20,000. I asked them to remove Ludicrous and change to standard silver wheels, and they have complied. I now have a new order agreement that says P100D and no longer has a Ludicrous Mode line item, and is cheaper because of it.

Just curious, how good of a deal did you get on this car? Did you lease?

I just placed an order yesterday

Just curious, how good of a deal did you get on this car? Did you lease?

upload_2019-3-20_9-15-43.png

I was going to do a lease on this because the lease would have been dirt cheap, but my sales advisor said that it will probably be denied since the bank will lose money. I will still try and if it gets denied I will do financing.

If anyone wants the same deal, these two cars have very similar specs at a very similar price. They already have silver wheels though so you won't be able to save another $1500 to downgrade them to silver like I did.

Model S P100D 5YJSA1E46JF286723 | Tesla

Model S P100D 5YJSA1E48JF286724 | Tesla

The cheaper of the two should come out to $83,900

• Informative
Reactions: turtlesz
Have been in the market for a new Model S, and last night I saw that the prices for new inventory Model S's had dropped by ~$8,000 (to ~$79K for a new 2018 100D with Enhanced Autopilot, etc., and the standard new inventory mileage of 50 miles). Couldn't sleep this morning, and then noticed that prices had dropped another $5,000 (to ~$74K for a car with same specs), so went ahead and ordered it.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?? The spec sheet for my order shows a discount of $36,000, and according to EV-CPO, had been listed for over $90K until it suddenly dropped by ~$16K this morning, along with a bunch of other cars - so it's not just this one!

Am I missing something, or this just an amazing deal right now?

My search on EV-CPO for New Inventory 100Ds with EAP for <$83K, which has had no results until last night, is now showing 78 matches!

Maybe getting rid of large inventory because the refresh is supposed to be close and they also need $ for quarter end sales.

I just ordered an inventory 100D and found that it's possible to remove the "Range Upgrade" for $8,000. This reduced your range to 310 from 335. This new 100D is the same price I paid for our S60 3 years ago.

After reading this thread, thinking about changing my order to an inventory P100D for about $14k more with Ludicrous removed. I would really enjoy 3s 0-60, but not sure its worth it to me.

I just ordered an inventory 100D and found that it's possible to remove the "Range Upgrade" for $8,000. This reduced your range to 310 from 335. This new 100D is the same price I paid for our S60 3 years ago.

After reading this thread, thinking about changing my order to an inventory P100D for about $14k more with Ludicrous removed. I would really enjoy 3s 0-60, but not sure its worth it to me.
What were your cost breakdowns?

Do you just not want a P100D? Only $5900 more I got the P100D, red paint ($2500 more), and sunroof ($2000 more). Are there none left at the similar price?
haha, i started with 2015 85D for 40k, then really liked the facelift, ok my dream is now 90D 2016, then drove my friends Model3 and went all crazy about AP2.5, then just some more $$$ and it can be a new 75D, and a few days back OMG new inventory 100D for a good price!!! it way too much already.

But i see 100k P100D's only, is that similar to what you've got?

• Funny
Reactions: bredi
haha, i started with 2015 85D for 40k, then really liked the facelift, ok my dream is now 90D 2016, then drove my friends Model3 and went all crazy about AP2.5, then just some more $$$ and it can be a new 75D, and a few days back OMG new inventory 100D for a good price!!! it way too much already.

But i see 100k P100D's only, is that similar to what you've got?

Mine was listed at 102,700 before tax incentives (this doesn't include the 1200 dest and doc fee). I removed Ludicrous and downgraded the wheels and that brought the price to 82,300 including dest and doc.

I'm looking at doing something similar but they are only offering 15k off to remove Ludicrous mode from the inventory cars...

That's what they told me until they actually did it. I think (but am not sure) that whatever your order agreement shows Ludicrous listed as is how much it will be discounted by when you remove it. They're just going and removing that line item from the order agreement.

• Informative
Reactions: DaveT