Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's in your (f/t)runk... RIGHT NOW!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And when you are sick of that add the Power FRUNK option to your car. Easy install, although not as easy as on a TM3, and you never have to deal with your hood again. Pop it from that app, the display, or best of all a foot sensor. I got mine on Black Friday Sale last year or year before for under $400.

Except from what I've read, the failure of said product means being unable to open the frunk and spending several days and several hundred dollars paying a Tesla service center to get it unstuck.
For me, I barely every use the frunk. Not worth the time or headache.

Reactions: TexasTezla
That's what I thought before I installed the Power Frunk. Now it's my fav.

And they have an emergency release (at least my Hansshow does) so I'll never have problems getting in.

Great place to store food, I have a flexible cooler in there at all times leaving enough room to put a large pizza next to it. The food smells don't get stuck inside the car, or easy to toss groceries in and pull them out at home. Great use of that extra space.

I have a random but pertinent question regarding Frunk. I play golf quite a bit and often with walking my courses in the morning my golf shoes get pretty wet and smelly. I have been known to forget to remove my shoes from the car and when I return to get in, my car stinks to holy hell. Is the frunk sealed from the cabin so that potential smells wont get in?

I have a random but pertinent question regarding Frunk. I play golf quite a bit and often with walking my courses in the morning my golf shoes get pretty wet and smelly. I have been known to forget to remove my shoes from the car and when I return to get in, my car stinks to holy hell. Is the frunk sealed from the cabin so that potential smells wont get in?
I have put smelly crap in there, and people have put food in their frunk. I haven't had the smell get into the cabin. It might be possible, but so far, I haven't had that issue.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just know myself. I'm not a slob, but I try to play golf in the morning and I usually run straight to work, so unless I literally bring my shoes out and into the office, or dare to keep them outside under my car (so far no one has stolen them, probably because they smell) they stay in the car. When I leave work, its like OH GOD ROLL THE WINDOWS DOWN!!!

I keep a frunk full of adapters and extension cords (yes, the big ones) for use at RV parks or relatives' homes when we're on vacation. Have used them several times rather than driving around looking for superchargers, though SCs are easier to find than they were a decade ago. That said, the cords and adapters are all there.

Extra spark plugs, Jump starter cable, Radiator coolant , Engine oil, just Kidding... I have my glamping stuff Fresh Bed sheets, pillow covers, one pair of change of cloths always packed and ready for Apocalypse/Zombie attacks. My charging cables are also left in there.

A bugout bag with spare clothes, jacket, food, electric shaver, picnic supplies, etc. Also, a gallon of water, a tarp, a roll of paper towels, and more.

20211108_094526.jpg

Reactions: israndy
Changed stuff out for now winter driving, in addition to body wipes and the electric tire pump and the 4 pucks for jacking and a wrench for removing the tow hitch, I added the emergency blanket and chains for snow driving. I could carry them all year, but why?

Just need to swap in my snow tires and I'll be all set, not that it looks like snow, it was 70° yesterday, but driving thru the Columbia Gorge this week they insisted I carry chains and snow tires, so it's getting to be that time of year.