Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the current price to replace the battery (the big one) on a 2017 Model S 90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This, giver or take.

Reactions: dsm363
Also if you chose to go 3rd party.

$10k USD - That seems to be the current market rate for an 85/90 kWh used/reman/salvage replacement pack that gives the owner a rated range of around 240 miles. Just the pack. Any applicable labor, taxes, and warranty (explained below) are extra.

$10k includes Tesla, 3rd party professionals and salvage yards. Tesla bundles in a 4 year/50k mile warranty while others offer warranties at an extra cost. Each year of warranty seems to range from $1250-$1500/year. e.g. Tesla's basic $15k=$10k pack + (4) x $1250 warranty. Of course, Tesla does not break things down like this, but based on 3rd party warranty fees, a reasonable comparison.

So your decision around that magic $10k number for a 85 kWh used/reman/salvage replacement pack revolves around warranty and convenience of location/time.

Lastly, Tesla is the only one providing new (not reman) replacement packs. $18k base plus tax, labor, etc for around $21k total. Comes with 4yr/50k mile warranty.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
This statement is so conflicting. If they removed features that you consider critical, you would definitely keep your old car. If they added features that you consider critical, you would definitely sell your old car.
Sorry I worded that wrong. Example of something they removed on newer models that I have on mine and WANT to keep is a sunroof. Example of something they added to newer models that I do NOT EVER WANT is the cabin camera.

Reactions: Rocky_H