Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the most surprising thing you've found once you got your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a separate button in the air conditioning screen controls (bottom right) to activate the rear AC vents even if no one is sitting in the back!

I was always under the impression that the rear vents activated only if someone was sitting in the back. I was so happy when I discovered that button/feature

That it’s the best and most fun car I’ve ever driven and owned.
I second this. I didn't really test drive one before I got mine, I bought it for the technology but the performance is like magic. . .then there was the 30 something woman standing and looking at it in the Home Depot parking lot, hands folded at her chest who said "is this your car? I love it!" I resisted asking her if she want to go for a ride to experience the magic (I'm 69).

Too numerous to count. I've never been remotely as excited about any car. To add a few to this thread;
I had no idea how safe Tesla's are. Big plus.
Next time you are going above 40 with no traffic, flip into neutral and be amazed how your Tesla coasts and coasts forever.
Didn't know the battery could last so many miles.
Rarely needing to press the brake pedal because of regenerative braking.
I had no idea I would turn into such a big Tesla geek. I occasionally get asked if I work for Tesla.

Too numerous to count. I've never been remotely as excited about any car. To add a few to this thread;
I had no idea how safe Tesla's are. Big plus.
Next time you are going above 40 with no traffic, flip into neutral and be amazed how your Tesla coasts and coasts forever.

will try that. Does it save the battery? Hypermiling Tesla style..

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
will try that. Does it save the battery? Hypermiling Tesla style..
I have only done it for fun, but I suspect you could set some records using neutral intermittently. I believe regenerative braking returns less than 70% of energy back to wheels because of inefficiencies in even the best systems. When you coast, you eliminate all these inefficiencies and only have friction. Let us know what you discover please.

I am a software engineer too and yes this is the result of frequent updates but usually even in this setting older bugs eventually get fixed but not with Tesla. They keep accumulating mainly because there is no proper way to report bugs and no proper review system for them to do so and be accountable for them with public tracking. They are running their software dev like amateurs.
Press the right steering wheel button and say Bug Report and without pausing report the issue. It seems to not like any pause between report and the next words.

• Informative
Reactions: Kleenerth3
What a fun idea for a thread, @DopeGhoti . You guys/gals have covered pretty much everything I could think of to add.
I'm right there with ya, man. I guess we're (maybe just "I'm"?) old. These kids nowadays with no chrome 'n black wheels, listenin' to that thumpin' bass music... GET OFF MY LAWN! ;) Actually, I like the look of no chrome and black wheels on some cars. As long as they're not mine. :D
Ha, yes. Agreed. Another thing that gets me fired up is when I keep seeing the word "rim" used. It's a damn wheel! The rim is the, well, rim of the wheel.

I have only done it for fun, but I suspect you could set some records using neutral intermittently. I believe regenerative braking returns less than 70% of energy back to wheels because of inefficiencies in even the best systems. When you coast, you eliminate all these inefficiencies and only have friction. Let us know what you discover please.

and air resistance? I would be more likely to do it in a S. The 3 makes it so hard to go neutral (even in a car wash!)

Besides the thrill of driving it, the absurdly low cost of operation and never stopping at a smelly gas station... Hold!
The coolest thing ever at those long signals or RR- X's. And as soon as I log out, I'll think of something else that is unique and bitchinly rad about my 3. ;)

There is long thread on this here - the 3 front dash speakers are the proverbial low hanging fruit in terms of sound system upgrade and bang for the buck. The middle one is a biatch, and you will need a special screwdriver tool to get the machine screws loose - all this is discussed in the thread. But for $75 bucks, and leaving you with one spare driver to hold onto, this is the easiest, cheapest and best stereo upgrade around, and I've tried about 15-20 of them.

Argh. Ordered.