Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to bite the bullet and get 4 new tires replaced on my wife's M3 via the Tesla Service Center. They tell me a wheel alignment is recommended.
Is it a 4 wheel alignment or just 2 wheel?
Pepboys would print out free pre-alignment settings of your 4 wheels, and it would tell which numbers are red and out-of-whack.

You can then decide whether to pay for an alignment or not, but I am not sure if there's an option for a 2-wheel alignment only.

Upvote 0
Don't go to Tesla for tires!! They overcharge you and you can't get road hazard warranty. I don't know what it's called in California, but in Tennessee many people go to Discount Tire. They know how to lift Teslas, and you get free rotation and repair for the life of the tire. However, they do NOT do alignments. I'm told there are one or two places that do it, but the last time I had my alignment checked, I had to go to a Tesla Service center.

I have usually always gotten a new alignment any time I got four new tires, most recently a year and a half ago. Last summer I had a small front-side fender bender and I wanted to check the alignment. When I got my 4 wheel alignment in April of 21, it was $105. This time, a couple weeks ago, they were going to charge me $275 for the same service. Fortunately, they checked and my car survived the incident and body work with alignment intact, so they only charged $35 to check it.

In my 4+ years of owning my Tesla, I have seen how much busier they are with simply getting new cars out to owners. They don't want to bother with service if they don't have to. So, do a little research. There has got to be some place in your area that will do tire replacement with road hazard warranty AND alignment. If not, then still go to Tesla for your alignment, but be prepared to part with $$$. Do NOT get your tires there.

Upvote 0
Alignments aren't a bad idea especially on a car as heavy as a Tesla. The extra weight means bumps and potholes are harder on the suspension, and misalignment will wear down high performance tires (what most Tesla owners will use) faster.
I don't know how, and how much you guys drive, but my Tesla eats tires. Springing for alignments and frequent wheel rotations is worth it for meeee

Upvote 0