Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I ran 20mm spacers for a while on my X, and they looked awesome! However, I recommend extreme caution, and input from professionals, because I had a lot of issues and ended up taking them off.
  1. It changes the camber of the vehicle, which lead to destroying my rear tires in just a few months
  2. I had trouble getting the nuts to torque properly, and there are clearance issues with some wheels, since your stuck with the factory studs.
  3. Because Tesla uses studs in stead of bolts, you're taking a risk mounting spacers because it's not as strong, puts more tension on the wheel bearings, and as you know, these cars generate a tremendous amount of torque. It could void your warranty.
Good luck!

• Disagree
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Yes, I ran 20mm spacers for a while on my X, and they looked awesome! However, I recommend extreme caution, and input from professionals, because I had a lot of issues and ended up taking them off.
  1. It changes the camber of the vehicle, which lead to destroying my rear tires in just a few months
  2. I had trouble getting the nuts to torque properly, and there are clearance issues with some wheels, since your stuck with the factory studs.
  3. Because Tesla uses studs in stead of bolts, you're taking a risk mounting spacers because it's not as strong, puts more tension on the wheel bearings, and as you know, these cars generate a tremendous amount of torque. It could void your warranty.
Good luck!
Thanks for your input. I will run them for a month and see how things go.

If you're mounting them yourself, be especially careful on the front if you're running the stock Tesla wheels. The front rims are not as deep as the rear, and I had trouble with them being unable to full seat against the rim because the factory studs come through the spacer and were hitting the back of the rim.

Some more Model X wheel spacer options here from 4wheelspacers.com. All are hub-centric (64.1 bore) and available in 15mm, 18mm, 20mm & 23mm options.

They use the higher T6-7075 air-craft grade forged aluminum on all their options unlike Blox/Bonoss which have two grades, T6-6061 as well as T6-7075.

Reactions: towndrunk
So here we are again… now running spacers on my 2023 Model X LR w/ new aftermarket Martian MW05 wheels. 👽

IMG_1014.jpg

They are Model S specd, 20x9.5” +40 and 20x10.5” +40 so I added spacers to get them nice and flush along with my N2ITIVE lowering links. 👌🏻

Tried 15mm front and 20mm rear but poked a bit too much in the rear (that’s what she said 😆) so went 15mm all around.

Perfect IMO with reusing the OEM 265/45/20 & 275/45/20 tires. ✅

IMG_0822.JPG

The comparable spec wheels WITHOUT using spacers would be 20x9.5 +25 & 20x10.5 +25, but I got these 50% off so I’m happy either way. Taken them up to 125+ mph, smooth and confident. 🤫

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0953.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Some more Model X wheel spacer options here from 4wheelspacers.com. All are hub-centric (64.1 bore) and available in 15mm, 18mm, 20mm & 23mm options.

They use the higher T6-7075 air-craft grade forged aluminum on all their options unlike Blox/Bonoss which have two grades, T6-6061 as well as T6-7075.

Too bad they don't go all the way to 35 mm spacers.

The next cheapest spacers I've found are at Tesery and 15% cheaper if you use Juliet's code, but all thicknesses are the same price.

I'm going with a square 9J*20, ET40 (UberTurbine replicas), and although I didn't notice it on my '22 PY with squared winter tire set, I think I'm going to need some help with my PX. I have no clue how much spacer I'll need, but I'd rather have a little too much then to have to saw off the studs.

Wheels and a Hansshow power frunk have just been ordered, plus FSD a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to watch my finances closely this month. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So here we are again… now running spacers on my 2023 Model X LR w/ new aftermarket Martian MW05 wheels. 👽

View attachment 1043551

They are Model S specd, 20x9.5” +40 and 20x10.5” +40 so I added spacers to get them nice and flush along with my N2ITIVE lowering links. 👌🏻

Tried 15mm front and 20mm rear but poked a bit too much in the rear (that’s what she said 😆) so went 15mm all around.

Perfect IMO with reusing the OEM 265/45/20 & 275/45/20 tires. ✅

View attachment 1043545

The comparable spec wheels WITHOUT using spacers would be 20x9.5 +25 & 20x10.5 +25, but I got these 50% off so I’m happy either way. Taken them up to 125+ mph, smooth and confident. 🤫
did you cut the rear wheel's studs, because my 2024 MXLR rear sticks out a lot
IMG_9610.jpg

did you cut the rear wheel's studs, because my 2024 MXLR rear sticks out a lotView attachment 1043623
Nope, didn't cut anything. Pic collage shows how it sat when I initially tried the 15mm and 20mm combo.

The extra length of the bolts was not an issue with the Martian wheels as the pockets were at least an inch deep, so after adding the 15-20mm spacer it was a non-issue.

Now I didn't test fit the OEM 20" wheels with the spacers so I'm not sure how much room or if they will fit at all. They do make up to 25mm spacers and you might have to go that route if using OEM wheels but I can't confirm.

At worst I'll just take them off for the "winter" as I planned on putting a tire like the CrossClimate 2's on my OEM wheels for Dec. through March here in NJ.