TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When it's time to configure...

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ifitzgerald, Dec 10, 2016.

1. ifitzgerald

ifitzgerald New Member

I'm a pre-reveal reservation holder (I drove 3 hours to the nearest store to wait in line) and am eagerly awaiting my Model 3 much like many of you :)

I understand that with the Model X reservation and configuration process they released the design studio in batches, and that the configuration time made a critical difference in when you actually received your car. If someone was indecisive and waited a few days before configuring it could push their delivery back by weeks or months.

So my question is - how did they notify Model X reservation holders that it was time to configure? Was it just an email? Did they send texts or make phone calls? If the Model 3 configuration process is the same as the X, clearly you wouldn't want to miss the notification.

The impetus for my question is that numerous times I've tried signing up for email updates on Tesla's website but I've never received anything from them, while I know others have (regarding things such as the AP 2.0 announcement). I'm concerned that this could mean that I'd miss the "it's time to configure" email.

I know I'm being paranoid, and after all I did receive my reservation confirmation email and another email regarding the Model 3 about a week later, but I'd be devastated if I missed it and my car got pushed back...

• Like x 2
  2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Welcome to the TMC forums!

Did you check your MyTesla account to confirm that your correct e-mail address is specified and that under "Communication Preferences" you have "Email" (and/or any of the other options) selected?

• Like x 1
  3. ifitzgerald

ifitzgerald New Member

Thanks! That was an excellent thought - I've now checked all the options so I can't miss anything :) I did have enough common sense to make sure my email address was right, but email was the only selected communication option. I did receive my reservation confirmation, so there's that...

I am curious what the process was like for the Model X, though - if for no other reason that knowing what to expect.

4. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

There was an X owner who posted some info on this a while back, I tried to find it by scanning the threads and a search but wasn't able to. Basically once you get that invite to configure how quickly you finalize it WILL affect your delivery date as they are sent out in batches. It was recommended to have all your options figured out beforehand so you just plug things in and hit confirm as soon as you get the invite to configure your car if you want to have it as soon as possible.

I imagine there will be a lot of members on this board checking their email every 5 minutes once we know it's show time! :eek::p:D

• Like x 1
  5. Blackout

Blackout Member

Excellent question...didn't even though of that...Excellent answer too...I'm going to update my tesla account like right now...Thanks guys

6. ccutrer

ccutrer Member

Yes, you'll get an email. But if you're this anxious about it, you'll likely be checking MyTesla and/or the forums pretty regularly. And it's even possible that your notification email will lag behind when you can actually configure. For me, I never got a notification email. I'm assuming because my reservation happened only a week or two before it opened to the public. But I still knew the morning I was allowed to configure! I'm hoping at the next reveal event, they'll at least give us a ballpark for when the first people will be invited to configure, so we know when to start obsessing.

7. S3XY

S3XY Member

Too late for that.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

When it's time to relax, One beer stands clear, beer after beer...
    [​IMG]
    Miller tastes too good to hurry through...

• Funny x 2
  9. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

And that's the problem, you need a good beer that isn't clear to get you through the winter...
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
  10. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#10 BluestarE3, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Mmmm... love those dark beers!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  11. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

[​IMG]
    Since I live only about 10 miles away......or maybe this is more appropriate for delivery! ;)

• Like x 2
  12. ricardocabesa

ricardocabesa STD free

Just what I want to drink-a beer that looks like someone's chewing tobacco spit.

• Funny x 1
  13. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Been there, done that - luckily it was my own ... still wasn't pretty :eek:

• Funny x 2